SackPardew.com

Decky

http://sackpardew.com/ - Hull City (h) Protest – Final Post-Match Statement

If your thoughts are "tl;dr", the summary is that they are proud of what they managed to accomplish, they point the finger at Ashley for dampening the appetite for protest and they are unbowed and undaunted going forward.

But do yourself a favour and read the whole thing :thup:

:thup:

Worth reading because there is some telling video footage and images on there which shows the extent the club went to to try and cripple the protest as well. Very good piece and written in a dignified manner IMO.

The pictures on the site are very damning  :hmm: The club have been really shaken by this, they're actively trying to stop it instead of ignoring it like they always do with protests.

Aye, forgot to mention that, so bad that they were confiscating the stuff for no good reason.

People were saying on twitter the club had hired loads of extra stewards from Sunderland or something, meaning Mike Ashley both spoke and spent money to quell this :lol: Two blatant signs that they're rattled.

The pictures on the site are very damning  :hmm: The club have been really shaken by this, they're actively trying to stop it instead of ignoring it like they always do with protests.

Aye, forgot to mention that, so bad that they were confiscating the stuff for no good reason.

People were saying on twitter the club had hired loads of extra stewards from Sunderland or something, meaning Mike Ashley both spoke and spent money to quell this :lol: Two blatant signs that they're rattled.

Good point, didn't even really think of that. If there were more stewards, this movement proved to really shake things up at the ground.

Also, you don't get mentioned on every football blog, website, major news outlet etc in the UK and others across the world by being some failed movement or something, I'm still generally shocked that casual football fans I know here in the US read enough to mention it to me. Pretty awesome.

Perfect tone and as others have said, a dignified response.

The most notable point for me in the whole statement is that they are confirming now that this will continue until Ashley is gone as well. It's been strictly about Pardew until now.

It'll be interesting to see if that brings a few more off the fence.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/columnists/mike-calvin-pardew-must-prioritise-cup-S11363933852158?

I would dispute several points in this article but at least some journalists realise what is going on.

Pardew accepts a place in the top six in the League is “beyond us.” His squad lacks quality, and the club is in desperate need of stability.

His honesty is commendable, and offers a perspective sadly lacking in the crisis management experts employed by Ashley to manipulate public opinion.

Really? Now they're just tossing buzzwords around.

I dunno, I think in Sackpardew.com are getting this a little wrong, doesn't really matter that the stuff was confiscated, the reaction was exactly the same with our without the banners and cards. It was pathetic, the vast majority of the crowd didn't protest and showed zero sign that they support this movement, even at 0-2 there was no mass anger.

Call out these supporters, ask them if they are happy with the football played, the results since the 5th place finish, the position at the bottom of the league, ask them what there solution is, if they reply "well it's all Ashley's fault we have to get rid of him" ask them how they go about achieving that when it's not something they can even hope to influence.

I understand the need to keep people onside, but the lack of response to this at the match needs to be addressed. How have those from the group and indeed us on this forum got so far detached from public opinion ? Call them out challenge them to show us how wrong we are.

Must admit I would have given up, if I were them after Hull, and said f*** this these fans deserve this charlatan, much respect to them for sticking with it and trying to stay positive about the campaign. 

I honestly think Pardew will get the sack himself now but the good thing these guys n gals are doing is highlighting the actualy facts which STILL somehow get ignored by the pundits and some media.

Tbh the pundits get it. They can't come out and say he should be sacked but they've gone as far as saying "at any other PL club he would be gone with his record" numerous times. Pardew was even having a whinge about them after his reprise.

I honestly think Pardew will get the sack himself now but the good thing these guys n gals are doing is highlighting the actualy facts which STILL somehow get ignored by the pundits and some media.

Tbh the pundits get it. They can't come out and say he should be sacked but they've gone as far as saying "at any other PL club he would be gone with his record" numerous times. Pardew was even having a whinge about them after his reprise.

Savage rattled him when he called him a broken man. He did look ill as fuck leading up to the game as well, probably couldn't believe his luck how easy the crowd actually made it for him.

Yup, was rattled by Savage, that's why he tried to play tough guy and stand in the technical area all game. Couldn't believe the crowd then bottled it. Awful. Would have been good to pepper him all game while he stood there like a moron.

It will come though. it's just a bit early in the season, and people are trying to be optimistic still, but they will be sorely disappointed.

I dunno, I think in Sackpardew.com are getting this a little wrong, doesn't really matter that the stuff was confiscated, the reaction was exactly the same with our without the banners and cards. It was pathetic, the vast majority of the crowd didn't protest and showed zero sign that they support this movement, even at 0-2 there was no mass anger.

Call out these supporters, ask them if they are happy with the football played, the results since the 5th place finish, the position at the bottom of the league, ask them what there solution is, if they reply "well it's all Ashley's fault we have to get rid of him" ask them how they go about achieving that when it's not something they can even hope to influence.

I understand the need to keep people onside, but the lack of response to this at the match needs to be addressed. How have those from the group and indeed us on this forum got so far detached from public opinion ? Call them out challenge them to show us how wrong we are.

Must admit I would have given up, if I were them after Hull, and said f*** this these fans deserve this charlatan, much respect to them for sticking with it and trying to stay positive about the campaign.

That was pretty much my feeling after the match on Saturday- these people are fast getting the football club they truly deserve.

Now I've come round to thinking it'll just take a little longer. International break or not I'm sure the 2 upcoming defeats will persuade more to get involved when they see 3 points from 7 games and a gap opening up.

As for the extra/over-zealous stewarding, Imo Ashley was rattled by the images from the Cardiff game- fans openly revolting next to his precious advertising, taking the piss out of security throwing banners between them while hapless stewards ran up and down stairwells as the piggies in the middle. The Thatcherite in him would have been appalled and not prepared to tolerate a repeat.

I'm curious to know if the club were even legally allowed to confiscate what was in effect private property. Banners reputedly had safety (fire) certificates and the club had written a letter saying they were permitted.

In any event Ashley IS clearly rattled, the over zealous stewarding and the PR guru in tow, the ex-players popping out of the woodowrk making spurious claims about Pardew. My biggest concern now is just how stubborn Ashley will be over this, relegation is a real threat and he might not act in time.

Doesn't change a thing - anyone who says so is blind. Took us to extra minutes to beat a shit Palace side. Oh, and before anyone goes into saying Liverpool went to 4,000 penalties to beat Boro - Liverpool would play us in the PL and murder us 5-0 at SJP and 5-0 at Anfield. If Hull weren't so negative and had HBA playing or hell, Gaston, they'd have beaten us too. I don't see a single win in the PL in sight. Stoke will out muscle us all over, and Swansea will have Bony and Gomis shit on us.

Canny that right, the guys we don't want to pay for in the summer hopefully put a knife into Pardew. Fuck him, the arrogant fucking prick.

If Didi Hamann and Olivier Bernard spouting bullshit about a tosspot manager they never played for is enough to convince some of our fans, they deserve everything they get.

I now wish Didi was punched by Joseph Barton and Olivier Bernard should be ashamed, this is the fucking guy who played for SBR and has lived in this town since his career ended. Ungrateful stupid fuck.

I'm curious to know if the club were even legally allowed to confiscate what was in effect private property . Banners reputedly had safety (fire) certificates and the club had written a letter saying they were permitted.

In any event Ashley IS clearly rattled, the over zealous stewarding and the PR guru in tow, the ex-players popping out of the woodowrk making spurious claims about Pardew. My biggest concern now is just how stubborn Ashley will be over this, relegation is a real threat and he might not act in time.

This is exactly what I said to a steward, and he didn't try to argue with me. Can imagine most of our fans dutifully doing as they're told in single file, dropping their posters into the bin bags having their rights infringed upon without the gumption to question it. :anguish: