Emre Taunted by Reading Coaching staff..

Guest Jai

Newcastle midfielder Emre delivered a personal response to high-flying Reading's criticism as he fired home the late goal which ended their winning streak.

Manager Glenn Roeder revealed after his side's vital 3-2 victory over the Royals that the Turkish international had been incensed by comments made from the visitors' bench during the first-half, and was delighted with his riposte.

Roeder, who insisted he would not report the incident, said: "I was unhappy with some of the coaching staff of Reading before half-time, when they made comments to Emre which upset him.

"He was particularly irate at half-time as he came off, and it was only justice that it was Emre who sent Reading packing with no points.

"I could not repeat what was said, but it was not very nice. There were comments directed at Emre before half-time which were not necessary.

"Emre had every right to be upset. Thankfully, half-time came and we could calm him down and he went out and played his part in what turned out to be a terrific victory against a team which had just won its last four games and certainly do not lose leads very often.

"It was really fitting that Emre scored a goal which was not just a tap-in, it was a special goal."

Wonder what was said???

Newcastle midfielder Emre delivered a personal response to high-flying Reading's criticism as he fired home the late goal which ended their winning streak.

Manager Glenn Roeder revealed after his side's vital 3-2 victory over the Royals that the Turkish international had been incensed by comments made from the visitors' bench during the first-half, and was delighted with his riposte.

Roeder, who insisted he would not report the incident, said: "I was unhappy with some of the coaching staff of Reading before half-time, when they made comments to Emre which upset him.

"He was particularly irate at half-time as he came off, and it was only justice that it was Emre who sent Reading packing with no points.

"I could not repeat what was said, but it was not very nice. There were comments directed at Emre before half-time which were not necessary.

"Emre had every right to be upset. Thankfully, half-time came and we could calm him down and he went out and played his part in what turned out to be a terrific victory against a team which had just won its last four games and certainly do not lose leads very often.

"It was really fitting that Emre scored a goal which was not just a tap-in, it was a special goal."

Wonder what was said???

They had a go at his 'tache maybe??  "Where's your buttless leather chaps and vest, Emre???" 

Guest smoggeordie

I just hope its nothing racist.Anyway Roeder is too forgiving.He should take some actions against Reading.

"You are a Turkey" :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

I just hope its nothing racist.Anyway Roeder is too forgiving.He should take some actions against Reading.

"You are a Turkey" :lol:

And then they say,I would love to have you for Christmas later.

Guest eyeball_tickler

the reading bench werent happy with him for his tackling. i didnt notice anything specific said to emre, but they were pretty pissed off on many occasions.

Wonder what was said???

"Kebab and chips please?"

Guest Ridzuan

Or maybe he needs to go to the toilet.

Still? why did he rush off the pitch then? blueconfused.gif

He needs to pee of course.

Guest eyeball_tickler

the reading bench werent happy with him for his tackling. i didnt notice anything specific said to emre, but they were pretty pissed off on many occasions.

You were seated near the player benches?

about 4 rows behind.

Guest Sandman

I'm surprised Emre didn't have a go at them if he was pissed off, he's an aggressive little thing. Oh, and I doubt it was racist.

I'm surprised Emre didn't have a go at them if he was pissed off, he's an aggressive little thing. Oh, and I doubt it was racist.

Yeah, like the Switzerland incident.  The lad isn't afraid to have a go at somebody.  Good on him.

I think Roeder needed to be specific about what was said, or else say nothing. This kind of comment only leads to speculation about how bad the abuse was. 'They were nasty but I'm going to rise above it' sounds like he's not really rising above it at all.

Guest ChickenKiev

I was right behind the dugout. Emre went in for the tackle right in front of their dugout and just as he got up and started walking back into the pitch they must have said something to him cos he went red in the face! Funny thing was he turned around and offended him in Italian! :)