Roeder.... motivation?

Guest Grimbo

After we conceded the second goal, (two goals in 5 minutes) - Roeder disappeared into his dugout.

He wasn't seen again for about 5 minutes.

Surely at this crucial time he should have been out on the touchline barking instructions or at least trying to gee the players up a bit.

If it was Pearsons job - why wasn't he on the touchline motivating them then.

The players were left to sort out the mess themselves. Captain Given was too far away to help too.

Guest Ridzuan

Maybe he was trying to write some notes or something,and you cannot just judge his motivational skills by just looking at one match,which of course we won.

What's the problem Grimbo? we won didnt we!?

So because we won - we should just gloss over problems?

I think when you concede two goals in 5 minutes - somebody on the bench should be out there motivating or at least offerring instructions.

Praying seems to have worked on this occasion - but it isn't a strategy I'd like to use on a regular basis.

Guest Gemmill

I can see what Grimbo means like.  In a situation like that when you've gone behind having been in the lead minutes earlier, it would be natural for players to turn to the bench looking for something from their manager. 

Guest smoggeordie

They looked fairly motivated to me like in the second half. Not much Roeder could have done in the 3 mins before HT.

what good would sacking roeder do? we need a bit of stability imo, give him some time.

we could win 5-0 and no-one would give any credit to Roeder

I'm not saying we should sack him or that we shouldn't give him credit for the win.

All I'm saying is that when we conceded two goals in 5 minutes he should have been on the touchline, not hiding in the dugout for 5 minutes.

he is one of our worst managers in the history of nufc..

Completely false. He's had nowhere near the money Souness had and he's only been in charge half a season and already people are writing him off.

he is one of our worst managers in the history of nufc..

lets see how he finish's december,if we are still in the 15-20 area i say we should sack the basterd..

I am playing Devils Advocate here, I actually don't think Roeder is up to the job but say we win all of our games during December and we move to a health position in the league does he still remain one of our worst managers in history?

There is no point sacking him right now, if we are going to have to sack him do it so that a new manager has a transfer window to get new faces in.

Guest TampaToon

roeder's teams have reclaimed several games in the 2nd half that looked like lost causes in the 1st....even when the result hasn't been 3 points or a draw, i think his team's ability to come out firing after halftime has to say something about his motivational skills.

roeder's teams have reclaimed several games in the 2nd half that looked like lost causes in the 1st....even when the result hasn't been 3 points or a draw, i think his team's ability to come out firing after halftime has to say something about his motivational skills.

We were having the exact opposite of that when we were having that losing streak - all guns ablaze in the first half, gutless in the second.

I am playing Devils Advocate here, I actually don't think Roeder is up to the job but say we win all of our games during December and we move to a health position in the league does he still remain one of our worst managers in history?

If he gets the club to 7th or 8th in the league, he'll be better than souness at least.

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder has claimed that midfielder Emre was left "irate" at comments made towards him by members of the Reading coaching staff as the players came off the pitch at half-time during the two side's Premiership match at St. James' Park on Wednesday.

The Turkey international drove in a late winner to seal a 3-2 victory for the Magpies, and Roeder insisted that it was an appropriate answer to the earlier incident.

"I was unhappy with some of the coaching staff of Reading before half-time, when they made comments to Emre which upset him.

"He was particularly irate at half-time as he came off, and it was only justice that it was Emre who sent Reading packing with no points.

"I could not repeat what was said, but it was not very nice. There were comments directed at Emre before half-time which were not necessary.

"Emre had every right to be upset. Thankfully, half-time came and we could calm him down and he went out and played his part in what turned out to be a terrific victory against a team which had just won its last four games and certainly do not lose leads very often.

"It was really fitting that Emre scored a goal which was not just a tap-in, it was a special goal."

The win lifted Newcastle out of the relegation zone and up to 15th in the Premiership.

Thats why he went out before half-time...

Guest Magnetic North

IMO Roeder's at his most influential with the fans behind him. Groaning will only have an adverse effect on the man.