Materialism: what have you bought lately?

AyeDubbleYoo

On 07/11/2022 at 21:39, Wilson said:

https://www.lowplexbooks.com/products/the-world-of-tolkien-complete-6-books-box-set-flexibound-by-david-day

Nice Little set.  Used this site a few times now and really can't fault them. 

All books are stickered with RRP £12.99, boxset for £77.94, delivered from there for around 39 quid.  Quality of the books is really good too.... impressed. 

Embossed covers are class. 20221107_214430.thumb.jpg.f15e60f8205e66c0493eae65d44c7106.jpg

This was published in one groovy volume in the late 70’s / early 80’s. Got one for Xmas. Lost the dust cover. 

18 hours ago, LFEE said:

What Android box did you choose?

Android TV Box 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Android 12.0 TV Box H618 Quad-Core Cortex-A53 CPU Support 3D 6K 2.4G/5.0G WiFi6 BT5.0 Smart TV box 

A but more pricey but very stable and fast. Plus I had a gift voucher so that mitigated the price somewhat. 

Edited by Haz

12 minutes ago, Haz said:

Android TV Box 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Android 12.0 TV Box H618 Quad-Core Cortex-A53 CPU Support 3D 6K 2.4G/5.0G WiFi6 BT5.0 Smart TV box 

A but more pricey but very stable and fast. Plus I had a gift voucher so that mitigated the price somewhat. 

Had been looking at these… 

https://www.formuler.tv/z11promax

Thoughts welcome 👍🏻

Very nice. Looks sound. 

Android TV Box, Android 10.0 Smart Box with 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Allwinner H616 Quad Core 64bit ARM Corter-A53 CPU Mali G31 MP2 GPU 6K Output 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 100M LAN Enternet Bluetooth 5.0 

tried to paste picture but couldn’t. I’m looking for £25 plus p&p. If you know anyone that wants it let me know. 

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Had been looking at these… 

https://www.formuler.tv/z11promax

Thoughts welcome 👍🏻

Problem I found with Android boxes is they eventually stop getting OS updates, then new versions of VOD players like My5, iPlayer or whatever come out that don't support my old android version. After going through a few of them I got a little Windows 10 box for £160 and it's been great.

A pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 in ear headphones, i've just got a cheap pair at the minute which needed upgrading and they looked cracking.

15 minutes ago, Joey said:

A pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 in ear headphones, i've just got a cheap pair at the minute which needed upgrading and they looked cracking.

I've got a pair of these. For newer, better quality music they're amazing. Still trying to find the right settings to get the best out of them for older stuff. Make sure to play around with settings and EQ in the app.

40 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

I've got a pair of these. For newer, better quality music they're amazing. Still trying to find the right settings to get the best out of them for older stuff. Make sure to play around with settings and EQ in the app.

Aye, they seem a step up from just connecting them to my bluetooth and listening.

2 hours ago, Haz said:

Very nice. Looks sound. 

Android TV Box, Android 10.0 Smart Box with 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Allwinner H616 Quad Core 64bit ARM Corter-A53 CPU Mali G31 MP2 GPU 6K Output 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 100M LAN Enternet Bluetooth 5.0 

tried to paste picture but couldn’t. I’m looking for £25 plus p&p. If you know anyone that wants it let me know. 

Thought on…

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv-pro/

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I have the previous generation of NVIDIA SHIELD TV. Works well, is still pretty speedy. Biggest gripe is stupid Android TV and it's ad-tastic interface, but you can change to a custom Launcher if you're so inclined.

Depends what you're looking to do as to whether it's worth spending decent coin on a more capable Android device.

1 minute ago, SEMTEX said:

I have the previous generation of NVIDIA SHIELD TV. Works well, is still pretty speedy. Biggest gripe is stupid Android TV and it's ad-tastic interface, but you can change to a custom Launcher if you're so inclined.

Depends what you're looking to do as to whether it's worth spending decent coin on a more capable Android device.

Just stream TV using various official and unofficial means 🙂

TBF my Amazon Fire still does a good job but it’s the old one so pre 4K version.

Just thinking ahead this next 12 month so ideally 8K upscaling.

Well I can't really weigh in on how well it'll deal with 8K upscaling, but it's dealt with 4k stuff with no issue, and compared to my stupid cheapo TCL Android TV, it is lightning quick. I dabble in a bit of tivimate and it's generally fine there too.

Personally, I'm much more inclined to go with the SHIELD, with it's community of users, than a no name device that would cause me to have to do more of the tweaking legwork myself, rather than just following some guide off t'internet. But that might just be me being risk averse, given it's a device used by the whole family (and thus can't break/be diddled with by myself :) ).

This. I’ve owned at least one of all the prestige big brand acoustics over the years and sold them in favour of Japanese built guitars. This cost relatively fuck all. I’ve got three other guitars insured for £4.5k in total and I genuinely think this is the best one I ever owned. Any guitar wankers looking for a massive bargain, track one of these down. 

https://richtonemusic.co.uk/ayers-csl-12-fret-acoustic-guitar-australian-build-natural-case-2nd-hand/

• 3 weeks later...

Just spunked $1300 on the RTX 4080 GPU. We can't afford  $8000 color correction for our Oman expedition film, since the music is costing a fair bit. Thankfully I am decent at that, so I can sort that part out. The damn card is over a foot long.