Elite: Dangerous

LV

It's not a game for everybody. It's a sandbox with very little in the way of direction or objective. If you want to be thrown into a game world that doesn't have a leveling system and is very unforgiving then that's what you get. I think a lot of people come into Elite thinking there is going to be a story to follow along like in GTA etc and are shocked when they find that they need to use their imagination to get the most out of the experience.

A lot of the early complaints that you'll see in reviews were that most of the multiplayer features just didn't exist. They had the game world working nicely but because there was no multiplayer you couldn't find your friends online and there was always a strong possibility that they would load into a different instance. They have been great at continually updating the game though and that patch arrived not too long afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest elbee909

You involved like? ;)

Nope... I'm on 'Star Citizen' now!

Really? I was fully expecting Roberts to take the money and buy himself an island to hide on.

Could have done that a long time ago tbh.  He's ridiculously committed to making the game work, weirdly enough.

• 1 year later...

So the release date for this is close on PS4, I'm pretty interested in a space sim... anyone here still playing? Thoughts on the updates? Despite all the shortcomings I still liked the exploration of No Man's Sky, bored of it now (obviously, since that takes about 3 days :lol:) so looking for something new.

What you put in to it. Is it a grind? Yes, but then these space simulator games always have been. You have to work for your money to earn your ships. This game will not create a story for you, outside of the weekly community goals, and the drip feed of server story (such as the Thargoids).

Guest Open_C

The original Elite was a massive grind and one of the reasons I still like games today, I absolutely loved it. Also very tempted by this. Can still recall my Lave -> Diso runs, but can't recall what I was shipping. Also remember that when I had finally saved enough for the Docking Computer, I didn't need it any more [emoji38] got beam lasers instead

So the release date for this is close on PS4, I'm pretty interested in a space sim... anyone here still playing? Thoughts on the updates? Despite all the shortcomings I still liked the exploration of No Man's Sky, bored of it now (obviously, since that takes about 3 days :lol:) so looking for something new.

Holy shit this is coming out on PS4?

:sweetjesus:

Holy s*** this is coming out on PS4?

:sweetjesus:

I have no idea what this is :lol: But it's out in 10 days.

megusta face. Popular circa 2013. Since then most people have moved on to new memes and smilies. Mike has not, but then he still clings on to the New York Knicks.

• 2 weeks later...

So... this out now? I've noticed a lack of any reviews, not bothered about gameplay mechanics since some of you lads in this thread kindly explained, I'm mainly interested in knowing if they fucked the port up or not :lol:

I'm downloading the 2.5GB patch right now. However I've got to go to work in an hour. Bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ah man :lol:

Let us know how it is when you get time to play it, I'm sure there'll be a few in this thread who won't take much convincing to buy it, myself included :thup:

I'm downloading the 2.5GB patch right now. However I've got to go to work in an hour. Bollocks.

Ah man [emoji38]

Let us know how it is when you get time to play it, I'm sure there'll be a few in this thread who won't take much convincing to buy it, myself included :thup:

No problem [emoji6]

Guest Open_C

Hadn't been interested in this particularly, even when I saw it running, but just noticed the classic Elite scanner and it took me back to my uncle teaching me to play it on Acorn Electron when I was nine :smitten: when I worked out that you couldn't turn left or right, only roll around the axis and go up or down :megusta: got to Deadly and never had any trouble with the law :)

Properly want it now, although I know I won't play it [emoji38]

It's taken me 6 months to travel from the bubble where most of humanity currently is, to the Colonia Outpost in the otherside of the galaxy. 6 months real time. Granted I'm only doing it hour blocks or so once every few weeks, but fuck sake. 6 months. It's like the galaxy is a big place or something.