Elite: Dangerous

LV

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Got this for the PC. Managed to afford a Type 6 transporter and took on several missions for the same system for around 700,000 apiece. Then I went to navigation, and it turns out it's WAAAAYYYYYYYYY across the map. So now, I'm travelling from star to star, fuel scooping and jumping and it's taking hours. it was like 900 odd jumps, and I spent all yesterday trying to whittle it down. I'm now at 698 jumps. I am just wanting a space station just to break up the monotony, but I want those millions :(

Found a station!!! I can apparently sell my exploration data and I made millions so I bought myself an Asp Explorer. Great thing is, the station's news channel tells me the next system to head for that's on the route to Colonia. Another great thing, I've got my name on a planet for discovering it first so yay me :)

The scenes when you do a mission like that and three days later when you get back your tourist passenger turns out to be a criminal and instead of the 30m payoff you were expecting you get killed by the police instead :yao:

I haven't experienced that as I haven't done passenger missions yet (cheers for the warning though), but upgrading to the Explorer seems to have been a mistake as I pimped it out with stuff I don't really need, but the only Friendship Drive I could get as an upgrade was a 5D (from 5E), so last night I realised that my jump range has gone from about 30 light years to 15 and none of the stations I am close to have outfitting as a service. Well fuck. Only two days to get it done too and the extra kicker is the only place I can get an upgrade (after having a sneaky check online) is at the station I'm delivering my poxy messages to! Well double fuck.

Look into the engineers, a diamondback explorer and frame shift drive upgrades.

Google guardian tech as well.

Learn how to do the neutron star jumps as well.

I like my ASP, I've only discovered engineers as I got a message that I'd unlocked one. Thing is, I'm closer to colonia than the starting system where she is so I ain't going back just yet.

I've vaguely heard of this guardian tech but I don't think I'll be able to do much to get it in the far reaches of Podunk, Arkanspace.

Neutron star jumps intrigue me, I have never heard of this, I shall look into it, cheers 😊

Both the Asps were neither one thing or another IMO, not great for anything. Diamondback Explorer is the one for big jumps I reckon; no real combat potential but who's fighting on a three day 900 jump expedition?

14 hours ago, OpenC said:

Both the Asps were neither one thing or another IMO, not great for anything. Diamondback Explorer is the one for big jumps I reckon; no real combat potential but who's fighting on a three day 900 jump expedition?

Think if I was fucking off out the bubble on a budget, I'd deck out a DBX or a Dolphin.

Aye, they were the two long distance choices for me.  Never really bothered with the Dolphin because of the aforementioned issue with passenger missions, though

I made it with just under an hour to spare!!!

I went from about 2 million to 75. Loads to explore here in Colonial, now time for a pint.

A real world pint that is.

Casual observation of the subreddit makes it sound like there's always a rolling nerf. One facet prints money, and then they nerf it but now another is the surefire way.

Wish it was mining as well, fucking adore that.

Combat is a bit of a weak point IMO. They couldn't balance it right so they just nerfed it in loads of ways IMO (ship matchmaking and power issues being the main two). Never ever had a satisfactory combat build.

Edited by OpenC

I hired an expert crew member in my 2 seater python, thinking they could work the pew-pews since I'm clearly terrible at it, but it seems the second seat is just for decoration as I need to have a fighter bay (which the python can't have) to use them. Well, that's a pisser. 

I've found a nice little spot full of asteroids with proper nice deposits in them, with the added bonus of it being not too far from a station. There is no-one shooting at me either, so I can mine in peace and maybe make some cash at last. Yay! 

Just wanted to do some mining when I got in last night and they had to go and do an update. Got on eventually though and then spent the night mining and just lost so many hours, it's very relaxing. Still miles off buying an Anaconda yet but aiming for it.