Elite: Dangerous

LV

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Have you played it in VR yet? It's fucking mental in VR.

I haven't, I don't have a special VR hat.

Do you have any recommendations?

Edited by Stal
missed off a question

I think the DLC that let you land on planets is now stock, you'll probably get it when it updates. Not sure what else there is, most of the rest seemed to be microtransactions for paint jobs you don't need

Edited by OpenC

I keep finding new things I can do in this. I just worked out I can synthesize limpets for mining so if I'm short of them when I'm out mining then I can create new ones. Still working my way up to my Anaconda. I would love my Python, but it doesn't have a fighter bay and I want to have one of these since I'm still super shit at combat.

I've not tried fighter bays, are they much cop? I made a ridiculous amount of credits a few years ago from a really profitable CG so money isn't really an object as such, I just haven't played it enough in the last couple of years so haven't really tried many of the newer features (think the last time I played properly was not long into the engineers content, something else I need to complete).

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I'd give you my 'conda if I could.

Awwww, thank you :D

It'll make it all worthwhile when I can afford one and I'll enjoy achieving it. I'm not too far off it as I have my special asteroid field that's full of gold and platinum and it very rarely has other ships drop in.

Usually, I then sell my old ship to pay for the pimping, but I'm gonna keep my Python as well. She's a cracking little mining ship.

Platinum works for me, although I'm not far from a station that's giving me millions for mining Osmium for them. I haven't used the sites yet because the little area I use to mine has what I need. No void opals or warm diamonds (or whatever they're called) but loads of precious metals.

I got involved in a battle last night with the local police on my side and my guns decided not to fire. I had a big front facing plasma cannon that I could use but my beam lasers just wouldn't work and I got blown up. Very embarrassing. When I bought my replacement Python I sold those cannons in disgust. I have no idea if the new ones work better as I went to bed in a huff so haven't tested them :D

So I've always used gimballed weapons out of pure laziness, are their fixed counterparts that much harder to use? I'm guessing if my ship's manurable enough then I can just nip behind the bigger ships with fixed and attack their tails.

(Gone are the days of my panther clipper in Frontier Elite 2, where I just used to fly straight at enemies and either blitz them with my plasma cannon or ram them [emoji38])

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Loads harder in my experience. It just doesn't give you easy fights generally. If you're looking to bully stuff you find in deep space then it's a viable build but if you're looking for combat zones or the action you get around beacons, you just won't get the targets

Well, possibly found out why my guns wouldn't fire. They're turrets and apparently you've got to change their targeting option to "target only" instead of "fire at will". I'll try that tonight when I'm back in, I had a bit of a break last night and tried Valhalla. It was alright, but I want my Anaconda dammit so back to mining I go.