city in takeover talks

lovejoy

Trading in our shares is currently suspended pending an announcement. Don't really know what's going on at this stage but if we are to be taken over all I want is (1) to be able to compete in the transfer market again and (2) for the owner's heart to be in the right place.

I've read 3 names about who the person interested is:

1. Pini Zihavi - Linked with a a takeover of "a leading (sic) english club" in the Telegraph. No thanks, crooked as Steve Bruce's nose

2. Phillip Green - Rich as fook but the only link is someone posting "Rumoured to be Phillip Green" so in all probability a load of shite

3. John Cauldwell (Phones4u) - Someone posted a rumour a few weeks back about this guy's son being interested, well before any takeover stories hit the press. Never know.

Probably none of them but wheres the fun in that.

Guest Gemmill

3. John Cauldwell (Phones4u) - Someone posted a rumour a few weeks back about this guy's son being interested, well before any takeover stories hit the press. Never know.

Be class if he changed the club's name to Goals4u.  He could get that annoying bloke to do your adverts and that.

Be class if he changed the club's name to Goals4u.  He could get that annoying bloke to do your adverts and that.

I think a part of me just died...

What a prospect. Thankfully he doesnt have anything to do with the company anymore - he just sold it. The money he's got lying around as a result is probably what caused someone to suggest he is interested. Frankly I find it impossible to believe a local billionaire is interested in City - Too good to be true.

We've been 5th best bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif

only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us. Fact.

Are you going to defend the failed share issue of 1991, such is how the club has grown since the 1992 takeover - or continue avoiding it or telling outright lies.

Guest Village Idiot

Makes me glad Barça aren't a PLC since I guess this foreign takeovermania will travel south of the Bay of Biscay soonish (not a good thing if Dmitry Piterman is anything to go by).

We've been 5th best bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif

Are you going to defend the failed share issue of 1991, such is how the club has grown since the 1992 takeover - or continue avoiding it or telling outright lies.

I'm convinced there's a Mick bot and an NE5 bot auto-replying to each other....

Guest TheOrder

I'm convinced there's a Mick bot and an NE5 bot auto-replying to each other....

:D

Not another thread ruined by you and Mick et al.

Philip Green is a lifelong Spurs fan. He has turned down the opportunity to invest in Spurs on a number of occasions as he does not see it as a sensible investment, so there is no fucking chance he will be looking into buying Man City.

Philip Green brokered Robert Earl buying into Everton last month and said this:

""Paul Gregg's stake in Everton was offered to me. I have always made it clear that I do not want to own a football club so I introduced Robert Earl, a good friend of mine. It is no secret that Bill Kenwright is a good friend of mine too'

So unlikely to be him, I'd have thought.

Extent of the Green (ahem) rumour:

Rumoured to be Philip Green.

Please Please Please be true!

Thats it. I was just listing all the names I had heard. I don't know anything about him other than what he owns but I can't see it being him either. I think its much more likely to be one of the people who got knocked back by West Ham.

Guest Jackie Broon

I think a part of me just died...

What a prospect. Thankfully he doesnt have anything to do with the company anymore - he just sold it. The money he's got lying around as a result is probably what caused someone to suggest he is interested. Frankly I find it impossible to believe a local billionaire is interested in City - Too good to be true.

He's not local (to Manchester). He's from Stoke.

Not another thread ruined by you and Mick et al.

:lol:

I replied to thickmick and his stupid post.

Said on the North West news it's rumoured to be a £70m takeover

What exactly are they paying £70m for? They don't even own the ground, have a pretty sizeable debt and it's not like there are a load of star players with big value in City's squad. Bit of a strange one this.

Said on the North West news it's rumoured to be a £70m takeover

What exactly are they paying £70m for? They don't even own the ground, have a pretty sizeable debt and it's not like there are a load of star players with big value in City's squad. Bit of a strange one this.

I assumed that part of the £70m being touted was about the debts. Ie. Half to buy the club, half to pay the debts or something like that. But I'm not clued up at all on these money things and haven't got a clue how it all works. Plus this is only a very sketchy rumour, no guarantees over how accurate any part of it is.

And Stoke isn't that far away. 50 miles at a push? Thats local compared to Glazer, Sheik whatsit, Ambamovich, Lerner, Iceland bloke, etc...