Your Pet Hates

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Typing away but not realising you've hit the caps lock instead of 'A' several sentences back :anguish:

If you use Word just mark what you've written and go Shift + F3

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Typing away but not realising you've hit the caps lock instead of 'A' several sentences back :anguish:

Sure there's something you can do that coverts it back but I'm fucked if I can remember what. Highlight all of the fucked up text, right click and.....

Jo Whiley used to piss me off on R1 when she used to do her whole ‘stop what you’re doing and take time to listen to this incredible track (usually fucking Razorlight or Mumford & Sons)’

I’m at work, daft cunt.  Don’t think I can down tools just because Jo Whiley said so.

4 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Fruit teas. Smell amazing, taste of hot water and disappointment.

Oh, and shampoo bottles that won't stay on the shower shelf and fall on your toes.

I've just got into ginger teas, have to mash them for a while but really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Heated car seats. Hate getting in a taxi and spending the journey feeling like I've pissed myself. There's better ways of keeping warm than directing heat directly to your taint. 

31 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Heated car seats. Hate getting in a taxi and spending the journey feeling like I've pissed myself. There's better ways of keeping warm than directing heat directly to your taint. 

I am so pleased someone else has mentioned this! Never wanted to be the first. It's the slow, warm, incremental build up when you first switch them on that concerns me.

I thought it was great when I first got my new car and it had all this technology I'd never had before (even has a heated steering wheel in case you fancy your hands burning when you're doing 70mph) but I really didn't like the unnerving feeling of doubt the first time heated seats were used. It's weird. 

Also, my car doesn't have a CD player (the Evans Halshaw guy genuinely laughed at me when I asked about a CD player in 2019 but I really wasn't joking), so I can experience the sensation of pissing myself and/or following through whilst I get second degree burns on my hands but I can't listen to music?

I used to think like that, but when you’re regularly waking up at 5am to drive in subzero temperatures it rather changes your perspective. Not sure you need heated seats in England tbh.

29 minutes ago, number37 said:

I am so pleased someone else has mentioned this! Never wanted to be the first. It's the slow, warm, incremental build up when you first switch them on that concerns me.

I thought it was great when I first got my new car and it had all this technology I'd never had before (even has a heated steering wheel in case you fancy your hands burning when you're doing 70mph) but I really didn't like the unnerving feeling of doubt the first time heated seats were used. It's weird. 

Also, my car doesn't have a CD player (the Evans Halshaw guy genuinely laughed at me when I asked about a CD player in 2019 but I really wasn't joking), so I can experience the sensation of pissing myself and/or following through whilst I get second degree burns on my hands but I can't listen to music?

I bet it didn't come with a betamax either