Your Pet Hates

On 16/07/2021 at 13:11, Tomato Deuce said:

Forks and spoons up, knives down imo

So that everything's facing different directions when you take them out? You fucking animal.

Everything goes point down so that I can grab them by the handful and deal them into the drawer like a deck of cards.

Mickey Mouse. Supposedly the most famous and iconic cartoon character.  Based on what? What even fucking is Mickey Mouse?  What's his personality? No idea.  What adventures has he had?  Fucked if I know.  Was on a steamboat.  Was a sorcerers apprentice but was that even cannon or just a Tree House of Horror thing?  Even, say, Garfield, I can give some kind of fleshing out to him off the top of my head, likes lasagne, hates Mondays, lazy, sarcastic.  Some basic characterisation.  What does Mickey like, eat, hate, what does Mickey Mouse do?  Since about 1947 the answer seems to be the square root of fuck all .What relationships does he have?  Minnie?  What's their deal?  Does he save her from peril? Have they had a rocky patch?   Fucking no idea.  Blandest, shittest, most nothing character in the world, but protected like it's of monumental importance. Famous for being famous.  Famous for being on sweaters and watches.  Cartoons' Kim Kardashian. 

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

Mickey Mouse. Supposedly the most famous and iconic cartoon character.  Based on what? What even fucking is Mickey Mouse?  What's his personality? No idea.  What adventures has he had?  Fucked if I know.  Was on a steamboat.  Was a sorcerers apprentice but was that even cannon or just a Tree House of Horror thing?  Even, say, Garfield, I can give some kind of fleshing out to him off the top of my head, likes lasagne, hates Mondays, lazy, sarcastic.  Some basic characterisation.  What does Mickey like, eat, hate, what does Mickey Mouse do?  Since about 1947 the answer seems to be the square root of fuck all .What relationships does he have?  Minnie?  What's their deal?  Does he save her from peril? Have they had a rocky patch?   Fucking no idea.  Blandest, shittest, most nothing character in the world, but protected like it's of monumental importance. Famous for being famous.  Famous for being on sweaters and watches.  Cartoons' Kim Kardashian. 

Oh golly gosh Bluestar you seem mighty salty. Maybe you want to bang Minnie? Sounds to me that you don't want to join the Mickey Mouse club? Also seems to me you are confusing famous and iconic with narratively successful or artistic merit. I'm famous golly gosh, bitch don't have to be prolific when you're famous. You know what I did in 1928 I don't know what you did yesterday. Oh boy Goofy is going to be mighty disappointed in me after this :lol:

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

When your bathroom sink is too close to the toilet and your bare back accidently touches the freezing cold side of the sink in the middle of the night.

:fuuu:

Nice when you're having a whitey though.

11 hours ago, BlueStar said:

If i remember rightly, the copyright for Micky Mouse expires in a couple of years after being extended a few times already.

Just now, Lazarus said:

If i remember rightly, the copyright for Micky Mouse expires in a couple of years after being extended a few times already.

Aye, that's what triggered that.  They keep literally re-writing US law just so they can protect the intellectual property of this fucking rodent no-mark.

31 minutes ago, madras said:

My wife's insistence that it's better to drive 5mile out the way to avoid sitting at the temporary lights for 40seconds.

That's an under the patio job.

When you bought a CD back in the olden days, and the first time you opened it the little plastic arm on the cover snapped off straight away.

This hasn't been a problem for maybe 15 years but I still get furious now even just thinking about it.

Those people that stand at those stalls in the middle of where ever and try and sell you something. Usually Sky or an energy provider. Surely that cant be a viable sales avenue in 2021? 

"Hi mate what energy provider you with?"

I answer.

"You thought about switching?"

Aye every year when my contracts up. Which was 2 months ago and in 10 months time. Bye.

The success rate of even catching someone looking to switch at that point must be minimal. Let alone any conversion rate.

(I lied above i dont talk to them. But if i did, thats how itd go)

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

29 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Those people that stand at those stalls in the middle of where ever and try and sell you something. Usually Sky or an energy provider. Surely that cant be a viable sales avenue in 2021? 

"Hi mate what energy provider you with?"

I answer.

"You thought about switching?"

Aye every year when my contracts up. Which was 2 months ago and in 10 months time. Bye.

The success rate of even catching someone looking to switch at that point must be minimal. Let alone any conversion rate.

(I lied above i dont talk to them. But if i did, thats how itd go)

There used to be a LoveFilm one when I was at uni where the geezer would shout "Do you two watch films together?" at every couple that walked past the stall. :lol:

Been inadvertently still signed up to that bullshit for over 10 years [emoji38]

Caught me with the same spiel but I was the only moron that was like “oh aye, love films me like, wat u got 4 me”

Edited by McCormick