George Galloway - What Is He Good For?

GM

Galloway of Dock Green 'nicks' Blair

07 December 2006

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/london24/assets/images/dynamicFeed/smithc5907122006.P02.jpg

Galloway in arresting form 

GEORGE Galloway has teamed up with Lauren Booth to arrest Tony Blair in a new pop video that they hope will reach Number One.

The Celebrity Big Brother MP and Cherie Blair's sister are to star in a video for a spoof reunion of the Prime Minister's student band Ugly Rumours.

They hope it will top the charts in the New Year.

They are branding it a 'musical referendum' on Blair's time in power - and it could be a best-seller worldwide.

The video is set in the weeks after Blair has left Downing Street with Gordon Brown as Prime Minister.

Blair is wondering what to do next and decides to reform Ugly Rumours and re-enact the famous Beatles scene by playing a gig on top of a flat roof.

They choose to sing Edwin Starr's famous hit 'War - What is it Good For, Absolutely Nothing', which was also made famous by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

But the music causes a commotion in the streets below and police are called.

Cue Sergeant George Galloway and WPC Booth, who arrive both dressed as police officers.

As Blair, who is played by a look-a-like, finishes the track Galloway and Booth stride across the roof to confront him.

"Anthony Charles Linton Blair," he says inches from his face. "I'm arresting you on the charge of spreading Ugly Rumours, which have led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people around the world."

Ushering in WPC Booth, he adds: "Constable, take him away."

Booth handcuffs humbled Blair and drags him away.

Filming for the video took place in central London on Sunday and the track will in reality be sung by Drifters star Patrick Allan.

Lauren Booth's scenes will be filmed in the next few days this week, now that she has she returned from Australia where she was starring in ITV's I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

The video and song will be available internet download only from January 1, but pre-orders and previews can be booked on Galloway's website and also uglyrumours.com, which will be functioning next weekend.

It will cost 79 pence, with 20 pence going to the Stop the War Coalition. Bethnal Green and Bow's Respect MP Galloway is not taking any proceeds himself.

The idea to reform Ugly Rumours was the brainchild of Ben Gray, who produced Who Do You Think You are kidding, Mr Klinsmann? just before the World Cup.

However, it was Galloway who thought of arresting Blair and getting Booth involved. She called Galloway from Australia to agree to it last week, he told the Advertiser.

Galloway said: "I've been dreaming for many years of the day that Mr Blair leaves the building in handcuffs. Little did I know it would be my duty to put them on him and feel his collar. It's a fair cop, guv."

Apparently the video's going to be available on YouTube shortly. Gotta say, Galloway - what a prize fecking arsehole you are! :lol:

Linky Thing

Galloway says it at he see's it.

Speaks a lot of sense if you ever actually sit down and listen to what he has to say.

His take on the recent Israel/Lebanon 'war' was spot on. Israel where literally murdering women and children while the West said and done nothing.

Speaks a lot of sense if you ever actually sit down and listen to what he has to say.

His take on the recent Israel/Lebanon 'war' was spot on. Israel where literally murdering women and children while the West said and done nothing.

Couldn't agree more.  It's actually quite fashionable to just hate the guy.  My biggest problem with him is that he can never accept he's wrong, but that most certainly does not mean he never speaks sense.

Couldn't agree more. It's actually quite fashionable to just hate the guy. My biggest problem with him is that he can never accept he's wrong, but that most certainly does not mean he never speaks sense.

Agree, and the fact he's a media whore.

Not many people have the balls to go to a Senate hearing and basically tell them to F*** off!!

i'd do it, but i rarely get invited. The one time I did get the letter, I had already sent an RSVP for Dave's intervention.

Went to a political conference on Monday which he was at, he was very very good, the best public speaker I've ever seen.

The sheer amount of tits that would go to that would totally put me off. I like Galloway to an extent, he's a good speaker and especially the way he stands by Chavez and Castro but his little following at Uni drives me mad. They seem to love him just because he's controversial or something, can't see the big fuss.

He's pretty good for putting snooty Murdoch-propoganda-bitches in their place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw

And as has been said, he's pretty good for telling the yankee senate to shove it up their arse. :lol:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8869.htm  (George starts talking after about 6 minutes)

I like him, not too bothered what that says about me. I know he's a bit of a dodgy geezer, who probably has a few skeletons in his cupboard and I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but the world needs a few Gorgeous Georges, to balance out the Monkey-face Georges.

Galloway's performance on Sky was fantastic.  Unfortunately fine speakers and fine morals rarely seem to go hand in hand....in Galloway's case I sense he has an easy conscience & a murky past.  Still I really enjoyed that Indi, thanks

In relation to the original post, he really shouldn't assume that all publicity is good publicity.  Still, there'll be a place for him in pantomime when he's finished at Westminster, give all the practice he's getting in now

......this is where I am uncomfortable with him. You see even if what he is saying is essentially correct, his delivery makes it seem insincere. He keeps up the looney left facade at some detriment to his subject matter.