Who Will Win The Champions League? You may select up to 4 teams.

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Rushian

In the same way Newcastle is cursed as a club, in equal measure retrospectively, Liverpool have copious amounts of luck.  There isn't, and never will be a luckier club than them, and they could do it.

I think you're confusing luck with bottle. 1974 will remain a defining moment in the history of Newcastle United. Motormouth SuperMac with his pre-match boasts of how he'd rip our central defenders apart, only for him and the rest of the Geordie XI to get played off the park in one of the more one-sided FA Cup Finals between major teams.

You've had some great players down the years and at times some decent men in charge of the team, but what Newcastle have missed isn't a touch of luck but bottle to win when the chips are down.

Guest GHoeberX

PSV

Alex, Cocu, Farfan

No hopers.

WTF!

http://i13.tinypic.com/348nl6s.jpg

And don't forget the best keeper in the world: Heurelho Gomes!!

So I've bet 20 on PSV to win the Champions League with a pay-out of 1500! bluecool.gif

And since you don't know any players from Lille, check out Keita and Odemwingie!

Liverpool have copious amounts of luck.  There isn't, and never will be a luckier club than them

Horseshit.

Was it 1992 or 2001, you got to the FA Cup Final without playing one top flight team?  :lol:

No one could deny, even Yozza himself, the CL victory of 2005, was probably the luckiest individual event in modern life.

Guest Rushian

Was it 1992 or 2001, you got to the FA Cup Final without playing one top flight team?

Neither.

Stevie, arbiter of the truth strikes again.

PSV

Alex, Cocu, Farfan

No hopers.

WTF!

http://i13.tinypic.com/348nl6s.jpg

And don't forget the best keeper in the world: Heurelho Gomes!!

So I've bet 20 on PSV to win the Champions League with a pay-out of 1500! bluecool.gif

And since you don't know any players from Lille, check out Keita and Odemwingie!

Has he played this season?

Not far off though. In 1992, you played only Aston Villa in the Quarters, and 2001 just Leeds and a crap Man City side.

That was it.

The league Cup 2001 they beat Chelsea reserves at Anfield in the 3rd round, then their next 5 games, including the final are against football league opposition.  If that is not an indication of how lucky they are then I don't know what is.

They even ended up against lower league opposition in the League Cup Final of 1995.

Guest Rushian

Not far off though. In 1992, you played only Aston Villa in the Quarters, and 2001 just Leeds and a crap Man City side.

Yet we win the Champions League and are called lucky after beating Juventus, Chelsea and Milan is succession? You can't win.

The FA Cup is littered with examples of teams reaching the final after playing only 1 or 2 top division opponents. It's probably more the norm than not. There's even examples of clubs reaching the final after playing no top division opponents.

Let's take a trip back to 1974 and the "luckless" Newcastle who faced:

3rd round: Hendon (non-league)

4th round: Scunthorpe (4th Division)

5th round: West Brom (2nd Division)

1/4 final: Nottm Forest (2nd Division)

1/2 final: Burnley (Top division)

so no different from LFC in 1992?

or 1998 when the "luckless" Newcastle faced:

3rd round: Everton (top division) - finished 17th

4th round: Stevenage (non-league)

5th round: Tranmere (2nd Division)

1/4 final: Barnsley (top division) - relegated

1/2 final: Sheffield Uinted (2nd Division)

so no different from 2001 - apart from Leeds being a far better side in that rather than being in the bottom four they reached the Champions League semi-finals that year?

If you're going to throw around statistics to back up a hypothesis at least be consistent with all clubs.

As I said earlier - it's not luck Newcastle lack, but bottle.

Yet we win the Champions League and are called lucky after beating Juventus, Chelsea and Milan is succession? You can't win.

The FA Cup is littered with examples of teams reaching the final after playing only 1 or 2 top division opponents. It's probably more the norm than not. There's even examples of clubs reaching the final after playing no top division opponents.

so no different from 2001 - apart from Leeds being a far better side in that rather than being in the bottom four they reached the Champions League semi-finals that year?

If you're going to throw around statistics to back up a hypothesis at least be consistent with all clubs.

Yeah, but we just happened to come up against by far and away the best team in the land (both times, and in 1999) in the Final. We've also been to two Semi Finals in recent years. In one lot, we could have drawn Villa or Bolton and practically guaranteed a 3rd successive final, we got Chelsea, and in the other one, similarly we could have drawn Blackburn, we got Man U.

Guest GHoeberX

Dude he played last week in the Champions League against Bordeaux and he'll be the man to stop at PSV! bluecool.gif :thup: I hope PSV will wipe out some English team because they're so cocky.  bluedead.gif

Dude he played last week in the Champions League against Bordeaux and he'll be the man to stop at PSV! bluecool.gif :thup: I hope PSV will wipe out some English team because they're so cocky.  bluedead.gif

Most likely you'll draw Celtic and Hesslelink of Transylvannia or whatever he's called will get a hat-trick.

Most likely you'll draw Celtic and Hesslelink of Transylvannia or whatever he's called will get a hat-trick.

I do hope so.

In 1998 against Arsenal Shearer hits the inside of the post, the VERY inside and the ball bounces out, which would've made it 1-1, if that goes in the game can swing, then Dabizas hits the bar.  If they're wearing Liverpool shirts they go in. 

I've just that back again, and fuck me do I sound bitter, I am, but at least I admit it, and I stand by the statement Liverpool Football Club are the luckiest sporting entity on earth.

Guest GHoeberX

I do hope so.

Hater! :thdn: