Lehmann on Cole

Dinho lad

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=433942&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=2&title=Lehmann:+Cole+deserves+abuse

Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has stoked up the heat ahead of Sunday's game with Chelsea, after claiming Ashley Cole deserves any abuse likely to be aimed in his direction.

The England left back soured a long and successful relationship with Arsenal when he left Emirates Stadium in August, when swapping North London for West.

Relations between the two clubs have been frosty ever since allegations of 'tapping-up' were made in January 2005, with Arsenal supporters further enraged by the publication of Cole's autobiography 'My Defence', in which he was less than charitable about his former paymasters.

Sunday's clash, live on Sky Sports 1, is the first time Cole will line-up against his former team-mates and with a hostile reception awaiting, Lehmann feels he has only himself to blame.

"Of course Ashley should expect criticism from supporters on Sunday," said the Germany international. "He should get criticism.

"That is football. It makes the game exciting. If he didn't it would have meant that he wasn't an important player, but he was.

"He was a vital member of our squad and we enjoyed some major successes with him.

"So obviously he should expect some negative emotions when he plays against Arsenal.

"I do not understand why young players write books. I do not know why a player at 25 wants to tell me all about their big experiences.

"When I consider the age I am now, I would have a lot to tell people. But it seems to be an English habit to come out with books that nobody needs.

"I don't know if Cole should have waited before writing his book but the English mentality seems to be different to elsewhere.

"I will probably write one when I retire. But I am a bit older than these players. As I said, what is the point of writing a book at 25?"