NUFC finances

Paully

I've had a couple of articles in the Chronicle but nowt on the finances.

I think they try not to go off piste on the accounts.  They'll cover the points raised in each set of accounts and repeat the club talking points, but when it comes to building an overall pattern and damning the club for it, I think they don't have the accountancy experts they would like to be comfortable going to print on it.

Not that I'm an expert, but that's the point, they can't have my wild accusations being printed without covering their arse with an expensive expert to double check all the numbers.

I missed this one off the Mag article...

Sports Direct

Ashley's shop were paid a further £2.3m last season by Newcastle.  This means that over three seasons they have received a total of £5.9m.  Under £2m has been paid the other way from Sports Direct to the club, which means the net transfer of money has been £4m from Newcastle to the sporting goods chain.

CgBI7aTXIAEUHS-.jpg:large

As has been reported elsewhere, the accounts do state that from next year Sports Direct will pay Newcastle United for Promotional services.  However, this is unrelated to the retail agreement that the above outlines.  It only covers advertising in the stadium and at the training ground. 

We do not know any details behind the deal that Newcastle get from the owner's shop.  Given that the bulk of incoming funds were received in 2013, one would hazard a guess that this was for stock the club still owned and it will not be repeated.  The payments to Sports Direct could cover materials, manufacture, storage, transport, rent or any number of things.  But the accounts don't break it down in any further detail.

Under the retail deal that Rangers had with Sports Direct, the club earned 4p for every £1 spent in club stores.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/20142015-accounts_25.html

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We're coming up to the usual time when the accounts are revealed. I guess ours will be full of doom and gloom or a diverted reference as to why we had to create a profit in the last window.

Obviously the experts will give good reason why we only find out now how the books looked at a certain time prior and thus giving a false reading of how things actually are but this is Ashley's NUFC and the accounts dont reflect our potential or standing anyway.

At a guess id say we'll get them published by next Thursday but historically we've had them on the 30th March so we could find out tomorrow.

Guest neesy111

Burnley made £30m profit after their last season back in the Premier League, then a £3m loss back in the Championship last season for a comparison when they come out.

Comparing us to Burnley.  :jesuswept:

Guest neesy111

No I just mean in terms of how much we've lost. I know the income on our part is massively different, but so too would have been the expenditure.

There's no comparison with the new parachute payments anycase.

Ok then I guess seeing last season's and this season's for both clubs will be interesting. (Burnley before the new parachute payments last season but with the new TV money in the Premier League, and us before the new TV money but the new parachute payments).

Guest neesy111

Still made a profit which, to be honest, was more than I was expecting.

Aye operating profit, if you include transfers our loss is ridiculous.

Guest neesy111

The lack of cash in the bank is a bad sign, would had meant we had a cashflow crisis this season and Ashley had to loan that club that £30m.

The lack of cash in the bank is a bad sign, would had meant we had a cashflow crisis this season and Ashley had to loan that club that £30m.

Maybe it's time for the club to re-evaluate the pay up front model we've got? It puts us in a serious disadvantage in terms of pure cash. By all accounts, the Sissoko money will be trickling in the next several years, probably the same with Wijnaldum as well, while we will have paid for all our players up front. No wonder our cash reserves are thin like.

Guest neesy111

Maybe it's time for the club to re-evaluate the pay up front model we've got? It puts us in a serious disadvantage in terms of pure cash. By all accounts, the Sissoko money will be trickling in the next several years, probably the same with Wijnaldum as well, while we will have paid for all our players up front. No wonder our cash reserves are thin like.

Yeap, i wonder if any other team does it?

Yeap, i wonder if any other team does it?

I highly doubt it. Another case of the idiots thinking they know best.

If they had actually hired a quality manager in the first place and bought the players this manager needed, then they probably wouldn't have been relegated.  Its their or rather Ashley's strategy and approach to football matters that's relegated the club twice.  Its all their own fault.  :lol: :lol: