David Squires

joeyt

The last two frames are quite powerful but the digs at the fans and NUFC in general are absolutely uncalled for and what actually angered me. 

but hey ho, i didn’t realize all the other premier league owners were carrying the torch as the greatest humans of all time and suddenly we’re now just pure evil. 

Got bored of Squires a fair while ago but had to give this a look. Not at all surprised by the overall take but surprised he's decided every single NUFC fan is a boot licker doing mental gymnastics and there's no in between. As The Prophet said, seems he's gone for the simple 'how dare NUFC fans show any emotion at 14 years of Ashley ending'.

May sound crazy but the comment that most hit me most was 'return the club to its rightful position (14th)'. :lol: I think just because I wasn't expecting it. Such a strange, pointless dig. Indicates to me though that the 'sleeping giant' metaphor will be hastily thrown out of the window by many to be replaced with 'undeserving plastic club that needed blood money to succeed'. Again, not that I'm overly surprised.

Edited by wormy

The assumption that all Newcastle fans are for the takeover, or that being happy that Ashley's gone automatically means you endorse the Saudis is absolutely shite like, but this is what we all knew was coming. 

The only complaint I really have about Squires these days is that he's far too wordy and rarely as funny as he used to be. Didn't think that one was that bad tbh, I've definitely seen the stuff that he's talking about, especially last summer. The mental gymnastics ones is bollocks like, anyone still choosing to use a Saudi funded product that would be easy to give up, is in no position to expect Newcastle fans to boycott or walk away from the football club they've supported all of their life. 

Edited by kisearch