David Squires

joeyt

Sissy and pansy when I was a kid and such terms were used in the playground meaning whoever you were saying it to, usually boys, were like girls. We were young, homophobia didn’t even exist in our tiny innocent minds. We probably picked it up from our parents etc. I do remember puff being used a lot to describe anyone who couldn’t finish a pint, throw a dart, cross a ball or was scared to scrap it out in a fight, and that was just the mums. Thank god times have changed…

Huckle when we were kids meant you were gay like even though we didn’t know what gay meant at the time, we just knew it meant you were, well, a bit of a sissy or a pansy…

Back to Squires... He was always going to go all in for this week's cartoon. I'm just a bit miffed he's made some really sweeping generalisations about the fans. It's not worth going crackers over, mind. :lol:

Edited by NEEJ

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Exactly what I’d expect him to write, most of it is completely true.

I’d only object to how he portrays the fans in the middle bit, way too broad. 

We are fair game and always have been and it’s not like he hasn’t done similar with other fanbases and even ‘worse’, again we need to stop being a bunch on pansys and laugh it off!

Edited by HTT II

18 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Hard to believe that, lurkers monitor thread titles. 

[emoji38]

And go running off to journalists. :lol: 

The behaviour of an utter dweeb.

Edited by ElDiablo

There's really nothing in it. :lol: He slagged-off Newcastle fans so yeah, today, fuck him. Shock as fans reveal propensity to be a bit petty and defensive online! I would say 'who cares' but I suppose the answer to that is anyone prepared to clutch at the shortest of straws if it means their agenda against the supporters is fueled just that tiny bit more.

Glendenning has always been a condescending arsehole when it comes to Newcastle fans as far as I know; that tweet is nowt new and I'm sure he's absolutely gorging on the waffle about the fanbase at the moment. I'm certain I won't be going anywhere near the Guardian podcast for a couple of weeks (how will they cope?) 

@joeytbringing shame on this great forum.

Quite amusing that an individual thread author updating a thread title gets the whole forum tarred with the same brush, when the title was only changed due to frustration about us all being tarred with the same brush by Squires in the first place. :lol:

We have to get used to a bit of shite , I see Twitter will be having a go soon and those self righteous cunts on RTG who are like raging fannies have cottoned onto this thread, we have a thread of our own on this very subject [emoji38]

Its something or nothing , suck it up lads , jealousy is an evil thing and brings out the devil in them FTM 

Glendinning is an Irish Makem that has said some truly horrible things about Newcastle and its supporters over the years, however he is always full of praise for Ashley, awful bloke.

19 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Can we change the thread title to Barry Glendenning read this if you’re a cunt 

With a little bit of "David, you're a creep."/"David shags seagulls." 

For any visitors among us, I would like it known for the record that removing 'wonderful' from the title is the least I expected and if anything, I believe this entire thread should have been expunged from the forum. Utter disgrace.