David Squires

joeyt

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

Can't believe this thread title got sports washed [emoji38]  and now it is rightly being called out on twitter.

:lol: Hark! For someone has done something mildly petty on an independent forum! To Twitter with it, where it shall be placed on trial and judgement must be passed! 

To be fair to squires. Everyone is fair game with him - might feel a bit barbed but masters gets some stick, the PL and Saudi. There are to be fair fans indulging in KSA glorification even if unwittingly. It's the price of the deal unfortunately. I do think a lot of the legitimate conversations being had on this forum are being overlooked, ignored as it's not exactly a hive mind of Saudi backing despite what various podcast and journalistic entities may portray. What's largely ignored is the legitimate grievances with Ashley which then need to be compared to human rights abuses.

Its a cartoon in the really shit Guardian, that is scrambling for donations as no-one reads it anymore.    NUFC fans are fair game and will be until something else pops up that needs the mob to jump on.    Just smile, relax and always remember, Ashley is gone.

Glendenning has always been the worst RTG-style voice in the media like. Wouldn't surprise me if he got all his news from there and has at least 5 different profiles. He's never going to write anything remotely pleasant about us and is not to be taken seriously.

We were always going to take a bashing from Squires as we were the big story this week and, if we're honest, our new owners are a bunch of cunts and it's worthy of comment. It's not even new- he's basically rehashed the "bullshit rodeo" from his earlier work a few years back which was aimed at Man City and Chelsea fans. We're not being picked on here.

I'd hope this week he's got some material from this meeting of 19 clubs and the hypocrisy of (for example) Man City demanding an explanation as to how the league could ever become involved with a regime that doesn't respect human rights. Or the daftness of Everton saying we've nicked their Champions League spot.

I'm sure we'll get a mention as well, especially as there will be some dickheads turn up with Saudi flags and teatowels on Sunday, but if it's another rant all about us I'd be disappointed.

3 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Can't believe this thread title got sports washed [emoji38]  and now it is rightly being called out on twitter.

I just hope you don't enjoy any Newcastle success too much mate, would all be tainted with blood money so if you are going to watch the games, then at least wear a frown. 

The title change was tongue in cheek (I’m assuming similar to that glendingdong Twitter profile pic sipping espresso martini like a pretentious looking gimp) but obviously  it whooshed some thick folk in Twitter world. 

Thought it was a good strip myself. Having spoken with Squires in the past, we're one of the teams he actually likes. The reactions here are OTT as we'd all enjoy that comic if we were not the subject matter.

Just to ensure myself of that I tried reading it as if Everton were the subject matter, at which point even the 14th joke landed. Fans of other clubs will laugh at the joke, we won't. Next week we could be laughing at the Man Utd fans and their steadfast chanting of Ole's at the Wheel again. 

2 hours ago, David Edgar said:

I just think it looks petty given the context.  People outside the forum have every right to poke fun at and criticise it. 

And tidying all threads will be looked at as an afterthought.  Even if that isn't the case.

Of course it's petty. You've been here long enough to know we're all a bit petty, right? :lol:

2 hours ago, ChickenParmo98 said:

Incredible the levels of bitterness aimed our way from the rest of the footballing world. Nothing more than jealousy because we're finally where we deserve to be.

Nonsense

45 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Thought it was a good strip myself. Having spoken with Squires in the past, we're one of the teams he actually likes. The reactions here are OTT as we'd all enjoy that comic if we were not the subject matter.

Just to ensure myself of that I tried reading it as if Everton were the subject matter, at which point even the 14th joke landed. Fans of other clubs will laugh at the joke, we won't. Next week we could be laughing at the Man Utd fans and their steadfast chanting of Ole's at the Wheel again. 

:thup: I'm sure people on here used to think he was a Newcastle fan back in the day because of some of his pieces

3 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

We were always going to take a bashing from Squires as we were the big story this week and, if we're honest, our new owners are a bunch of cunts and it's worthy of comment. It's not even new- he's basically rehashed the "bullshit rodeo" from his earlier work a few years back which was aimed at Man City and Chelsea fans. We're not being picked on here.

In a word, this.

Wasn't aware so many people were precious, tbf. You're going to get a load of shit for years to come, because why wouldn't you? Any team would.

Embrace it. 👍

55 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Like "What can I do to help improve the world? I know! I'll draw fucking cartoons!"

Bit harsh, there are loads of different ways to get people to engage with issues. And it’s therapeutic to laugh at corruption, bias and general ridiculous behaviour. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bit harsh, there are loads of different ways to get people to engage with issues. And it’s therapeutic to laugh at corruption, bias and general ridiculous behaviour. 

:lol: It's a little tongue in check. There are probably worse ways to earn a living. Like writing commercial jingles or something.