David Squires

joeyt

People are going to hate us. Remember when Roman took over Chelsea and bought them the Premier League? Remember how fun it was to hate everything about them?

We're rich, we're going to buy success, we're 19th, 50% of our supporters are out licking windows. We're ripe for it. 

We're not the plucky underdog of the 90s.

Get used to being the shit heel. Channel your inner Jose. 

Must be one of the few who has never found his stuff funny or appealing. Amusing (mildly) at best, acerbic and satirical (occasionally) but just never got the praise.

Always assumed it was maybe a generational thing.

Juts always comes across as sneering, snooty and condescending in that typical middle class way that is so bloody annoying.

Toilet paper at best.

Funny this week! Wor Mandy's face is spot on! 

He has dipped overall. I remember creasing in the early days - some more recent strips haven't been laugh out loud, for sure.

Last week seemed, well, a bit Guardian-y, as if his editor encouraged him heavily. Even if that isn't the case, he's well within his rights to put something like that up, even if he over-egged the pudding, so to speak.

Edited by Mister_Glass

13 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Must be one of the few who has never found his stuff funny or appealing. Amusing (mildly) at best, acerbic and satirical (occasionally) but just never got the praise.

Always assumed it was maybe a generational thing.

Juts always comes across as sneering, snooty and condescending in that typical middle class way that is so bloody annoying.

Toilet paper at best.

Never found him funny either but each to their own. It would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing I suppose.

37 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

It's a wonder he even has a job. Whenever anything of his is posted about a million people dart out of the shadows to let you know they've never liked him.

Hardly.

Two posters who have said as much from what I can see. With both us acknowledging that there is room for allsorts of comedy and humour in the world.

Personally I stand by my assessment of his work. Middle class entitled tripe.