David Squires

joeyt

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Trying too hard to get an opinion across now. A good cartoonist needs only a sentence from his characters to get across the point (and to be fair he used to be really good at it), with maybe one short caption to explain the detail.

Is he a Man U fan?

I like the pictures but the way he uses words to help convey his points and jokes is very annoying. I wish he could satirise multiple complex events in modern football with less words and more pictures. 

When did it actually start to get so wordy? Haven't really paid attention to him for a while.

I seem to remember there were some more sombre/serious ones where he'd get more wordy from time to time. Was it just a case where he was lauded for those ones because of the topic at hand so decided to lean in to the essays?

When I opened this and saw the wall of text I just looked for the Scholes frame for a giggle then closed it again tbh. :lol:

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You need to be Einstein to work out what half the stuff he puts in his cartoons refers to. Totally up his own arse.

Edited by Beth

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I mean, modern football is completely fucked. Hate the game not the players, I guess. 

Like most problems in life I feel the answer lies in throwing more Americans at it. Look at the wonders it did here, for example.

Edited by thomas

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I mean, modern football is completely fucked. Hate the game not the players, I guess. 

Its like people saying "Christmas is too commercial" like its a revelatory cutting and clever insight when millions of people have thought the same for decades.