David Squires

Having a bit of time away has changed my views on other fans opinions of us, TBH. Don't care. It's really irrelevant what Squires thinks, people like BG, the mackems, etc. Who cares? What matters is what happens on the pitch.

The title change was tongue in cheek (I’m assuming similar to that glendingdong Twitter profile pic sipping espresso martini like a pretentious looking gimp) but obviously  it whooshed some thick folk in Twitter world. 

Thought it was a good strip myself. Having spoken with Squires in the past, we're one of the teams he actually likes. The reactions here are OTT as we'd all enjoy that comic if we were not the subject matter.

Just to ensure myself of that I tried reading it as if Everton were the subject matter, at which point even the 14th joke landed. Fans of other clubs will laugh at the joke, we won't. Next week we could be laughing at the Man Utd fans and their steadfast chanting of Ole's at the Wheel again. 

2 hours ago, David Edgar said:

I just think it looks petty given the context.  People outside the forum have every right to poke fun at and criticise it. 

And tidying all threads will be looked at as an afterthought.  Even if that isn't the case.

Of course it's petty. You've been here long enough to know we're all a bit petty, right? :lol:

2 hours ago, ChickenParmo98 said:

Incredible the levels of bitterness aimed our way from the rest of the footballing world. Nothing more than jealousy because we're finally where we deserve to be.

Nonsense

45 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Thought it was a good strip myself. Having spoken with Squires in the past, we're one of the teams he actually likes. The reactions here are OTT as we'd all enjoy that comic if we were not the subject matter.

Just to ensure myself of that I tried reading it as if Everton were the subject matter, at which point even the 14th joke landed. Fans of other clubs will laugh at the joke, we won't. Next week we could be laughing at the Man Utd fans and their steadfast chanting of Ole's at the Wheel again. 

:thup: I'm sure people on here used to think he was a Newcastle fan back in the day because of some of his pieces

3 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

We were always going to take a bashing from Squires as we were the big story this week and, if we're honest, our new owners are a bunch of cunts and it's worthy of comment. It's not even new- he's basically rehashed the "bullshit rodeo" from his earlier work a few years back which was aimed at Man City and Chelsea fans. We're not being picked on here.

In a word, this.

Wasn't aware so many people were precious, tbf. You're going to get a load of shit for years to come, because why wouldn't you? Any team would.

Embrace it. 👍

55 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Like "What can I do to help improve the world? I know! I'll draw fucking cartoons!"

Bit harsh, there are loads of different ways to get people to engage with issues. And it’s therapeutic to laugh at corruption, bias and general ridiculous behaviour. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bit harsh, there are loads of different ways to get people to engage with issues. And it’s therapeutic to laugh at corruption, bias and general ridiculous behaviour. 

:lol: It's a little tongue in check. There are probably worse ways to earn a living. Like writing commercial jingles or something.

People are going to hate us. Remember when Roman took over Chelsea and bought them the Premier League? Remember how fun it was to hate everything about them?

We're rich, we're going to buy success, we're 19th, 50% of our supporters are out licking windows. We're ripe for it. 

We're not the plucky underdog of the 90s.

Get used to being the shit heel. Channel your inner Jose.