"What are you eating?" aka Loki's carnival of filth

:anguish:  

136 members have voted

1. 1. :anguish:

• HTT
    • Loki

And I asked my mam today about the cheese cubes and she said when we were kids cheese come in solid blocks not grated which you had to do yourself or go to some fancy shop ha ha and that we didn’t have a grater, we never had a masher either, my mam said she would use a milk bottle to mash potatoes.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Good to hear I’m not the only one who ate that as a kid ha ha, my two love it as they get to pick what they want to have on the plate and aye again, it was chips with us, but I probably prefer boiled potatoes.

that’s great man, good on them :thup:

Just now, reefatoon said:

that’s great man, good on them :thup:

It’s probably the healthiest food I cook them [emoji38]

Its great though as they help dice/slice/cut the stuff up and help me plate up. Gets them interested in their food other than just being told ‘eat your food’!

Just now, HTT II said:

It’s probably the healthiest food I cook them [emoji38]

Its great though as they help dice/slice/cut the stuff up and help me plate up. Gets them interested in their food other than just being told ‘eat your food’!

:thup: Totally agree mate. Getting them involved in the prep and cooking really does help to get them trying new things. Always did this with my daughter when she was younger and it really helped her try stuff. Actually to the point where we were on holiday in a Brazilian restaurant and she was trying chicken hearts and bulls knackers. Couldn’t bring myself to try the knackers like, she out done me there.

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

:thup: Totally agree mate. Getting them involved in the prep and cooking really does help to get them trying new things. Always did this with my daughter when she was younger and it really helped her try stuff. Actually to the point where we were on holiday in a Brazilian restaurant and she was trying chicken hearts and bulls knackers. Couldn’t bring myself to try the knackers like, she out done me there.

That’s class that and I’ve tried chicken hearts, they are delicious. My oldest (9) is like me, a very fussy eater and eats with his eyes mainly, again like me, the youngest (7) though will eat anything, even shark meat when in Kenya the little shit! It’s sound advice to involve your kids in any meal/cooking process as it helps them to understand food and arms us parents what our kids like and don’t like, I’ve learned I can’t force my kids to eat what I think they should or is right for them for example. The salad dish thing though, all those colours and the slicing/dicing/cutting up of things and plating up helps my kids to enjoy and eat stuff they normally wouldn’t want to eat if they had their own way.

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I’ve had bull’s knackers too and never again… 

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Cheese still comes in blocks.

It does, but according to my mam when we were kids, it was mostly in blocks and there were not all kinds of grated options like we have today. Mind we were tramps and shopped in the likes of Kwick Save and Netto when it was a thing!

Edited by HTT II

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Grated cheese is not 'grated' at all. It is produced like that. I'm not sure it's cheese even. Certainly no mention of cheese on the packet. Grated Cheddar aye, but no mention of it being cheese..

Cheesy story!

Edited by HTT II

4 hours ago, thomas said:

It has to be deliberate :lol: :lol:

I actually took loads more photos and honestly it’s not deliberately, it’s just my style, I do this with loads of other stuff photo wise btw…

I'm a big fan of the dogshit frozen burgers you get at the supermarket. Love just frying two horrid cheeseburgers up and having something cold to drink.

Oh god no Branks. These aren't those. These are like, the doooooogshit burgers with like the supermarket logo on them. Them wagyu burgers end your night. :lol:

Hit up Del Taco

2x Bean and Cheese burritos (green sauce)

2x Crispy Chicken Tacos (Habanero)

2x Crispy Chicken Tacos (Honey Chipotle BBQ)

1x Chicken Spicy Jack Quesadilla

1x Epic Cali Bacon Burrito w/ Carne Asada

ZpVZzDp.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuck I feel good.

I feel like that old honey badger clip where it's just on its back trying to sleep off the cobra venom, but in a good way. I don't think I have full use of my brain right now

Edited by thomas

Double homemade lamb cheese burger with bacon and a homemade spicy onion and tomato chutney sandwiched between two big buns which I used egg wash on to give it a bit of a shine and extra crunch!

975-C2590-E13-A-44-FE-B8-BD-A2-C26-A4-DC
F92-EA9-D5-903-C-40-F0-B425-D75-E3-E5555
6772805-D-5436-43-BB-8-C47-478433-BF21-F
D3-E9-E15-F-B016-48-CA-B741-55-EE9-BB271
4-A2-AC7-BC-18-EA-40-BD-8473-BFF168-B2-B
F50-DB653-BD15-4-B0-E-969-E-898-EE0327-A
290-A402-F-0-BA1-4-FB9-9-D9-E-B8-E3-BA43
94-F49-B8-B-1308-45-D2-A3-CF-75-D5990802
48-F3-EDF8-9-D1-A-4-A70-AC43-D8-DD6-F76-
D314661-E-C37-C-41-EB-A011-1116-C88-A15-
F108-C78-A-B897-4551-BA39-FDF0-B077-A74-
5-B24-A2-BD-C4-BE-45-C2-8-D72-CE37-BE98-
44-C897-CA-AAC3-45-FD-B0-F2-2876-C83-A49
41204-ECF-887-C-4204-A136-870-D57-ABF798
9-E9-E422-A-DA3-C-4702-9-CA4-D51-C8-BCAF
CE0-BBDB1-6-A16-45-E8-99-F9-F1-D9-FB2-C6
D292-F11-C-5-D83-4-A4-E-90-DC-81-A935-CC
9251-AFD4-5343-451-F-9373-99008-AE5-AE27
22587-BE2-B75-E-4429-B508-6-FC6-AED7162-
3-D77-FCCD-3646-4-B1-A-82-E0-11-FD3-A566
5-C524-C80-20-F9-4-E20-BC21-5-E95806-A94

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I would gladly go into a food coma for that

I could only eat half of it, it was canny huge like. I had made some sweet potato fries for on the side, but again, I couldn’t have eaten it!

Edited by HTT II