NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

On 07/10/2021 at 14:54, Stifler said:

They will see the season out.

You can’t change sponsors during the season unless the company folds or something.

161033_gallery.jpg

Anyone remember how this happen mid-season? Northern Rock pulled out or something like that?

4 minutes ago, andyman said:

161033_gallery.jpg

Anyone remember how this happen mid-season? Northern Rock pulled out or something like that?

There was one in the 90s where we changed from McEwans to Brown Ale or something after the kits launched and they were giving out iron on blue stars to people who already bought them 

14 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Didn’t Virgin Money buy them out when they hit financial problems?

Yeah so effectively was a rebrand of an existing sponsor.

Not sure the Saudis will like a Chinese betting on the shirt but I don’t think there is really a way around.

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

There was one in the 90s where we changed from McEwans to Brown Ale or something after the kits launched and they were giving out iron on blue stars to people who already bought them 

It was from Greenalls to the breweries Blue Star when John Hall (magpie group) took over, on the umbro barcode shirts, and aye, it was a patch with the blue star and a black band behind it to hide the 'Greenalls'.

Edited by TK-421

Wonder what our next sponsor may be? Thought it would've been Aramco but given we're part of that Vision 2030 that the Saudis have implemented which is driven by diversifying their economy away from oil, might be Saudia Air or something like that.

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

It was from Greenalls to the breweries Blue Star when John Hall (magpie group) took over, on the umbro barcode shirts, and aye, it was a patch with the blue star and a black band behind it to hide the 'Greenalls'.

Well remembered, that was it 

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wonder what our next sponsor may be? Thought it would've been Aramco but given we're part of that Vision 2030 that the Saudis have implemented which is driven by diversifying their economy away from oil, might be Saudia Air or something like that.

I think they're looking to start a new national airline so it could be that.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/exclusive-new-saudi-airline-plan-takes-aim-emirates-qatar-airways-2021-07-02/

4 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Yeah, it came on a rectangular patch and you had to cut it out with a pair of scissors. My Mam spent ages hand stitching it on to my shirt but it looked shit so I ended up unpicking it after a couple of weeks.

22 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Yeah, it came on a rectangular patch and you had to cut it out with a pair of scissors. My Mam spent ages hand stitching it on to my shirt but it looked shit so I ended up unpicking it after a couple of weeks.

My mam used wundaweb to stick it on my brother’s shirt.  Lasted about two washes :lol: 

Edited by Sima

I wonder what the consortiums thoughts are on the Castore deal...

Happy with it or keen to fuck it off to Nike or someone as soon as they can? 

I can see us having a whole heap of classic, streetwear, and retro kits to come out. 

I reckon the castore deal was meant to coincide with the takeover tbh.

They made a statement at the start about a new era which felt a bit odd, considering it was the same shit at the time.

16 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Not the same thing but-

We changed sponsor between 99/00 and 00/01 when home kits were every two years, so we had the same kit but with different sponsor - Brown Ale to NTL.

How is the quality of Castore by the way? Same or better than Puma? Design wise, they can get better of course, hopefully with input from the new owners or even fans. So yes they can remain in place.

But, I'd imagine big names like adidas, Nike, and heck even Puma again might want to be associated with us. The Castore deal would be peanuts to buy out and end. 

Shirt sponsors will definitely be Saudi related. That Manc Prof.Chadwick said the rumoured new Saudi airline or new sports broadcasting company they were planning to start might be what the Saudis want to display on our shirts. Even Vision 2030 or something like that Neom City is possible.

I'm glad the owership is not 100% Saudi. If not, could have imagined some weird and awful looking sponsors. Having PCP and the Reubens 'might' help to persuade them to have less or a balanced appearance on shirts and advertisements.

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, NE27 said:

I reckon the castore deal was meant to coincide with the takeover tbh.

They made a statement at the start about a new era which felt a bit odd, considering it was the same shit at the time.

100% what a deal they’ve had