NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

I was amazed how little was on offer at the club shop over Christmas. I got chatting to someone at the Back Page, and they basically said it's a consequence of Mike Ashley being a twat with the licensing. I'm already looking forward to the day we can start to be a proper retail outfit again.

4 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I was amazed how little was on offer at the club shop over Christmas. I got chatting to someone at the Back Page, and they basically said it's a consequence of Mike Ashley being a twat with the licensing. I'm already looking forward to the day we can start to be a proper retail outfit again.

Wait, what?

Does this mean Ashley still holds some of our rights? 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Wait, what?

I can't remember verbatim what he said, but basically he transferred the rights across (they run out this summer) which has meant its hard to get much of anything. 

I had been in a few times during Ashley's reign and went in once a few month ago assuming it would be slightly better under Castore. Just a bunch of clothes, almost no memorabilia or anything else. Only one scarf option too. Can't believe how bad Ashley was.

7 minutes ago, LV said:

Wait, what?

He probably just limited what Castore are able to create for us before he knew he was selling the club - club kit only, no additional clothing or accessories. Fuck knows why if he knew Castore were taking over the club shop. Maybe he’s just being a cunt for the sake of it

Edited by Holmesy

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I can't remember verbatim what he said, but basically he transferred the rights across (they run out this summer) which has meant its hard to get much of anything. 

Ok thanks, that makes sense yeah. 

2 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

I had been in a few times during Ashley's reign and went in once a few month ago assuming it would be slightly better under Castore. Just a bunch of clothes, almost no memorabilia or anything else. Only one scarf option too. Can't believe how bad Ashley was.

Yeah I was in at Christmas and saw the one scarf option. Still had the whiff of a sports direct about it for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the fit is like on the "Pro" version of the kits sold on the club website? Ie are they really tight and I need to order a size up, or are they just normal sizes? The size guide on the webpage is just a generic castore one and I don't trust it

2 minutes ago, John P said:

Does anyone know what the fit is like on the "Pro" version of the kits sold on the club website? Ie are they really tight and I need to order a size up, or are they just normal sizes? The size guide on the webpage is just a generic castore one and I don't trust it

Mate I play with on a Tuesday has a large and it’s basically a medium, I think they’re tight tight.

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Mate I play with on a Tuesday has a large and it’s basically a medium, I think they’re tight tight.

Great, thanks. I thought that might be the case, it often is with "Pro" versions of shirts

Just now, Vedder said:

Who’s bought the retro shirt? How does it fit? Usually a medium but reading on the reviews are few people are saying order one or two sizes up 😳

Yeah I got a medium and it’s tighter than a usual medium would be on me 

3 minutes ago, Vedder said:

Who’s bought the retro shirt? How does it fit? Usually a medium but reading on the reviews are few people are saying order one or two sizes up 😳

Yeah I'm usually a medium but certainly can't wear mine until I've shed a few lbs.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Yeah I got a medium and it’s tighter than a usual medium would be on me 

Cheers 👍

Will leave it for now. Large is sold out and had problems returning a top to castore in the past.