NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

48 minutes ago, gdm said:

it’s a fair point. How difficult can it be?

I am sure when they start collaborating with fans in future kits, that’s what we will get. Rangers also had a really mint classic kit last season that was really cool. It seems like we will get some random one off kits too. 

On 22/06/2021 at 06:08, mighty__mag said:

Home and Away shirt posted in the tweets.

At least it wasnt something like this.

I'm ok with the home. Mostly black and thick stripes is ok with me even without that collar. 

4 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

At least it wasnt something like this.

I'm ok with the home. Mostly black and thick stripes is ok with me even without that collar. 

I’d probably rather that at least that’s black and white stripes and not just a  white stripe either side of a black stripe

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The club should insist on that. Many do. 

Some dafty probably thinks it's fine the way it is because we often have a dash of blue on our kit.

52 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d probably rather that at least that’s black and white stripes and not just a  white stripe either side of a black stripe

That one is just two white stripes on a black middle panel.:)

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

That one is just two white stripes on a black middle panel.:)

Eh? That’s what I’m saying the castore one just looks like Two white stripes & 1 black one. That fake one at least looks like 4 white and 3 black stripes

Edited by gdm

Home needs more stripes a la 17-18 or the nice looking concept a few posts up. White grandad collar needs to go on a white stripe, that looks forced. Said it far too many times but just recreate Juventus' 17-18 kit. It's really not hard. :lol: That's purple kit seems like a keeper kit.

Also, does any club do embroidered crests anymore? Seen a few disappointed at it looking like a stuck on patch again, but clubs have been doing that for years now.

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

Eh? That’s what I’m saying the castore one just looks like Two white stripes & 1 black one. That fake one at least looks like 4 white and 3 black stripes

Nah mate. I get you and you're right. But I was saying the pretty whitish one also looks like two white stripes running through a black middle panel.

Tbh I'm starting to get sick of nostalgic nods incorporated within kits.* It's purely cynical and almost always shite; the only one which was done well in our case was the red/blue hoop remake in 18/19 because, frankly, you can't go wrong with that design - it's a stunning combo. 

Just design a great kit that seeks to add to the catalogue of nostalgia, rather than attempting to rip off what's come before. This one with the grandad collar looks potentially like a particularly cynical effort, cos it doesn't make sense on the black stripe, but maybe it'll look better when worn. 

*Spose this notion applies to all remake/reboot culture, really. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Tbh I'm starting to get sick of nostalgic nods incorporated within kits.* It's purely cynical and almost always shite; the only one which was done well in our case was the red/blue hoop remake in 18/19 because, frankly, you can't go wrong with that design - it's a stunning combo. 

Just design a great kit that seeks to add to the catalogue of nostalgia, rather than attempting to rip off what's come before. This one with the grandad collar looks potentially like a particularly cynical effort, cos it doesn't make sense on the black stripe, but maybe it'll look better when worn. 

*Spose this notion applies to all remake/reboot culture, really. 

I think it's more down to football fans now preferring the shirts from the 90s, 80s and even early 2000s to the kits now, whether it's design, material quality, memories/nostalgia, who knows. I bought a genuine 1997-98 home top for my brother's birthday just gone and he was amazed at the attention to detail with the club crest in the material on the white stripes. You don't get that now, it's cheap, shit material made to maximise profit from sales. Suppliers and places like ScoreDraw have now been trying to capitalise on the preferral of the older shirts and this is what we get.

Most suppliers who bring out their own take on kits, particularly ours, have been rancid. Although I do agree that the collar on that kit does look forced. Ah whey.