NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Are you not allowed to say a price of something is ridiculous without being ‘outraged’ now? :lol:

tbh I think it is worth being raging about another Premier league club with the same brand being charged up to £20 less than us for an item with out any sort of explanation. 

It’s been said before but the wolves model deal is different than our deal. Wolves are manufacturing the kits themselves under license from Castore. Newcastle’s entire operation is run by castore. 

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

Can we all at least agree, aside from the price it’s also fucking shite looking. 

Personally, apart from the blue training top, I think all the other stuff looks pretty shit. Don’t like either strip so far and if that green kit is our third kid, it’s absolutely hideous. Fortunately I have no interest in buying anything which puts money into Ashley’s pockets. 

At some point they'll need to have a sale to clear some of the stock, and if they knock 50% off those hoodies they'll still be extortionately overpriced.  Long gone are the days of going into Start Fitness and picking recent training kit for a tenner a pop.

I think a lot of their stuff looks good, the home kit could've been done better but it's better than a lot of Puma's efforts. Like a lot of their training stuff too. But charging £165 for a hoodie is scandalous. Just like the club charging nigh on £50 for match tickets, it's completely out of touch with the economic background of most people in the North East. 

Is the price not just aligning with other premier league teams?

I thought £65 was a massive rip off as i've been used to official kits being about £40, but then looking at most other teams from respectable retailers a shirt alone does seem to be £65 now...a Man U shirt from Sports Direct (of all places) is advertised at £65.

If you want a shirt and can afford it, then get it.  We are long past the point of whinging about giving Ashley money at this point given the miniscule amount he gets from merchandise and tickets now.

3 hours ago, andyman said:

£165 for that? :lol: Just wow. If you don't look closely, it just looks like an ad for Castore really. What a massive logo. Sheeesh.

I've always thought the Castore logo looks like knock-off Fred Perry gear you'd buy for a tenner in Portugal.

Looks like they've for some reason chose to use their performance model hoody (being windproof, waterproof) for merch. So whilst the price alings with their other products in that range it's not what the average fan is looking for. Fans aren't looking for performance materials just something clean with the badge on. 

The golf gear looks alright but other than that their ranges all look pretty shit and cheap regardless of the materials being used. Seem to remember Rangers fans having pages of complaints about the quality of their shirts which doesn't really fit with the brand trying to pass themselves of as elite and luxury. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, toon25 said:

I've always thought the Castore logo looks like knock-off Fred Perry gear you'd buy for a tenner in Portugal.

It’s not that fucking good!

5 hours ago, deejeck said:

At some point they'll need to have a sale to clear some of the stock, and if they knock 50% off those hoodies they'll still be extortionately overpriced.  Long gone are the days of going into Start Fitness and picking recent training kit for a tenner a pop.

Classic Football Shirts is your place if you want old training gear the club have pied off.

Got a pair of shorts for the gym for not much. They’re all numbered up for player issue though and despite choosing 24, they sent 26. Just call me Karl Darlington.

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell, the amount of merchandise they are throwing out at ridiculous prices. They are certainly making sure they can rinse the fuck out of the support. Greedy cunts.

Edited by reefatoon

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Fucking hell, the amount of merchandise they are throwing out at ridiculous prices. They are certainly making sure they can rinse the fuck out of the support. Greedy cunts.

Aye, feels like they could have eased into the transparent fleecing of fans rather than been at it from day one :lol: