Kits & merchandise

I reckon the castore deal was meant to coincide with the takeover tbh.

They made a statement at the start about a new era which felt a bit odd, considering it was the same shit at the time.

16 hours ago, BlueStar said:

There was one in the 90s where we changed from McEwans to Brown Ale or something after the kits launched and they were giving out iron on blue stars to people who already bought them 

Not the same thing but-

We changed sponsor between 99/00 and 00/01 when home kits were every two years, so we had the same kit but with different sponsor - Brown Ale to NTL.

How is the quality of Castore by the way? Same or better than Puma? Design wise, they can get better of course, hopefully with input from the new owners or even fans. So yes they can remain in place.

But, I'd imagine big names like adidas, Nike, and heck even Puma again might want to be associated with us. The Castore deal would be peanuts to buy out and end. 

Shirt sponsors will definitely be Saudi related. That Manc Prof.Chadwick said the rumoured new Saudi airline or new sports broadcasting company they were planning to start might be what the Saudis want to display on our shirts. Even Vision 2030 or something like that Neom City is possible.

I'm glad the owership is not 100% Saudi. If not, could have imagined some weird and awful looking sponsors. Having PCP and the Reubens 'might' help to persuade them to have less or a balanced appearance on shirts and advertisements.

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, NE27 said:

I reckon the castore deal was meant to coincide with the takeover tbh.

They made a statement at the start about a new era which felt a bit odd, considering it was the same shit at the time.

100% what a deal they’ve had 

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

imagine adidas coming back and the first kit they drop is a true grand-dad kit homage to 95-97. Would sell like fucking mad. 

:drool: Would probably buy one to wear now and another one for the future.

• Rich changed the title to Kits & merchandise
On 11/10/2021 at 10:46, TK-421 said:

Just found this pic online...

P7.jpg

My god, the things we did to have an up to date shirt! 

Did we not do something similar when Greenalls were our sponsor? Just seeing that brought back memories

2 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

I bought 2 of the training rain jackets and the quality is really good, Really impressed by Castore clothing so far.

Aye some of the training gear looks decent, would buy if all the other fat lads hadn't snaffled them.

On 17/10/2021 at 20:11, Happinesstan said:

Did we not do something similar when Greenalls were our sponsor? Just seeing that brought back memories

That is Greenalls under the patch (the black band). This was for the change from Greenalls to S&N Breweries.

18 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

That is Greenalls under the patch (the black band). This was for the change from Greenalls to S&N Breweries.

had that patch on for a week or two before I unpicked it because it just looked terrible.  Eventually got the same shirt signed by the squad at the time - started seeing a lass from Wickham who I'd met at Metroland, and her Dad was John Gallagher's pools man.  He arranged for me to go to his house for tea which was a thoroughly surreal experience, and he got the shirt signed for me.  Really nice bloke.

Edited by deejeck
Mistyped

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I had a look in the shop before the game Sunday, saw a hoody that wasn’t complete shite and looked at the price. £165. Who is going to buy castore nufc clobber for that? 

Fook off was it £165. On the club website they range from £45 to £75. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Fook off was it £165. On the club website they range from £45 to £75. 

I speak the truth comrade. The website has the grey one at 65 but the black ones in the shop were 165 and felt like they were made from a wetsuit 

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I speak the truth comrade. The website has the grey one at 65 but the black ones in the shop were 165 and felt like they were made from a wetsuit 

Blimey. That’s crazy! 

My £14 away top from DH Gate turned up today. I haven’t seen an original close up but apart from the plastic feel of the logo and numbers it seems pretty good. For all I know the proper tops also have the same plastic feel.