NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, midds said:

Got the hoodie, sweatshirt, training T (for the bairn), shorts and tracky bottoms and they're all lush. Total cost was about £80? Can't be robbed 

What is the sizing like on the bottoms? I'm 6ft and between a 30 and a 32 inch waist. I was think an S but if they fit small I'd go for an M.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed

2 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

What is the sizing like on the bottoms? I'm 6ft and between a 30 and a 32 inch waist. I was think an S but fit they fit small an M.

I'm about 6ft and maybe 34 waist, got the XL and they're a little bigger than I thought. I should have gone L but happy enough

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

Hopefully they’ll avoid Castore’s total ineptitude, such as not having any shirts in stock for the first game of the season.

Was mental last year, didn’t even have cup numbers for Champions League until the day of the first game.

On 08/05/2024 at 20:45, Novocastrian said:

Hopefully they’ll avoid Castore’s total ineptitude, such as not having any shirts in stock for the first game of the season.

Adidas being the biggest sports brand in the world (alongside Nike) would probably mean its not going to be an issue...

Castore will probably do really good quality stuff for a while. Their infrastructure and production issues are obviously bad, but I think start up companies like them always start out by using quality materials at a decent price or loss as a way to seperate themselves from the bigger brands. If Castore is ever successful you would imagine the quality of the materials they use will fall off a cliff. 

Would anyone like to see us have permanent 2nd colours ? Like the home kit the design changes but everyone knows "black and white stripes", have a similar plan for the 2nd strip ?

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Would anyone like to see us have permanent 2nd colours ? Like the home kit the design changes but everyone knows "black and white stripes", have a similar plan for the 2nd strip ?

Not for me, I like varying year on year

16 minutes ago, madras said:

No. It’s nice to have something different and a chance to have something mental. Otherwise we are back to b&w slightly different collar or stripe width each season. 

that yellow samba kit some guy did a few pages back good example of something different. 

also I think having something very different each year will encourage more sales and more ffp bollocks. 

29 minutes ago, madras said:

I would like the blue/maroon to be the permanent away kit. Looks good an never clashes with the home kit. Doesn't always have to be hoops but to always have thoose colours at the away kit would be nice.

Then we can toy around with the 3rd kit with different colours and stuff.

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Reminds us just how criminal the neglect of our commercial side has been under Ashley. Absolutely mind-blowing levels of negligence. 

And now he’s got the audacity to have Sports Direct sue the club 

14 minutes ago, madras said:

Absolutely, anything that strengthens club identity works for me. Then kit 3 for the annual variation. Maybe something vaguely interesting for goalies from time to time. I couldn't imagine having any opinion at all about goalies kits now, aside from "boring."

1 hour ago, Toon No9 said:

I would like the blue/maroon to be the permanent away kit. Looks good an never clashes with the home kit. Doesn't always have to be hoops but to always have thoose colours at the away kit would be nice.

Then we can toy around with the 3rd kit with different colours and stuff.

Yeah same, the way I see it though, Green will end up being our permanent away strip and the 3rd, as well as our future 4th shirts will be the different colours.

I’d love for us to have the flag of Northumbria colours as an away shirt at some point.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah same, the way I see it though, Green will end up being our permanent away strip and the 3rd, as well as our future 4th shirts will be the different colours.

I’d love for us to have the flag of Northumbria colours as an away shirt at some point.

That's a great shout

Who's the guy who does the kit mock-ups, is it @Kid Icarus?

Edited by Keegans Export

13 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Northumbria colours would be class - something completely different and new :thup:

Also is there any reason why they can't keep the 'Saudi' green but change it to yellow rather than white? I know it's a nod to the Saudi flag but could they incorporate a little tradition into it at the same time? We had some cracking green/yellow kits in the late 80s/early 90s

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

That's a great shout

Who's the guy who does the kit mock-ups, is it @Kid Icarus?

I could have let this ruin my weekend, so I've gone and done a couple and got them out the way now. :lol: They're canny low effort like, I found it quite hard to get anything that I personally like out of the colours, but you get the jist. 

One based on the flag

image.thumb.png.8c6319615068bb7bf4a2e5a3344f2592.png

Another as a sort of urban/rural textile idea

image.thumb.png.dd734da0232437614ff2497d0b520eaa.png

Bonus one a did the other week based on Holland '88 and the SJP roof

image.thumb.png.4bacff1b401eac171c6cbd20eef84f66.png

Edited by Kid Icarus