NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 hour ago, UncleBingo said:

I totally respect that, but if they want to be seen in a different light, they're going to need to do more than hold Prestige sporting events or getting malleable fans to wear Saudi strips.

They're malleable, and you know that's what I like really.

I don't like people who come on here: 'Ooh, we designed the Newcastle strip this way, we did it that way'.

I just want them to go, "design it this way. If you like." 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Just now, Hovagod said:

Well we don’t know what’s next. Would not be shocked if the home colours end up compromised.

I can't see that happening - they know that would go down like a lead balloon.  

Just now, duo said:

I can't see that happening - they know that would go down like a lead balloon.  

Well this hasn’t. Nor did the takeover itself. As fans- including myself- we have been compliant. 

I think we have to remember it doesn't matter how rich our owners are the FFP rules limit the amount PIF can spend. And if having the away strip in colours that look similar to the Saudi kit help generate cash for the club then I personally have no problem with it.  I would have bigger issue with the renaming of the stadium and maybe that is in the pipeline.  But if we want to start challenging higher up the table we are going to have to generate money to do it where we can. 

50 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

They're malleable, and you know that's what I like really.

I don't like people who come on here: 'Ooh, we designed the Newcastle strip this way, we did it that way'.

I just want them to go, "design it this way. If you like." 

:lol:

16 minutes ago, duo said:

I think we have to remember it doesn't matter how rich our owners are the FFP rules limit the amount PIF can spend. And if having the away strip in colours that look similar to the Saudi kit help generate cash for the club then I personally have no problem with it.  I would have bigger issue with the renaming of the stadium and maybe that is in the pipeline.  But if we want to start challenging higher up the table we are going to have to generate money to do it where we can. 

So success is the absolute be all and end all? 

Think how you see the shirt depends on where you fall on that scale.

I'm personally happy to be run sensibly without all this extra baggage tbh. Others obviously feel different, I understand it but don't agree with it. :dontknow:

41 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Well we don’t know what’s next. Would not be shocked if the home colours end up compromised.

They can’t do it.

They changed the rules after Cardiff’s owner did it, same with name changes when Hull’s owner tried to change their name.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Honestly, regardless of where this all stands now - club have to come out and address this. 

It’ll be taken the wrong way either way so best not to.

Well get another round of fewm when it’s officially unveiled.

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye they’ve made a choice to base a shirt on their nation’s colours, don’t have to explain a thing.

No they don’t. Opinions, got to love them. The thing is they never make anything wrong or right. They’re just opinions. If folk choose to be upset about anything and they do have a choice whether to be upset or not and/or then get drawn into a drama about it. That’s their problem. Not the clubs or yours or mine.

as The Dude would say:

“Yeah, well that's just your opinion man”

and it’s OK!  roll on Monday :indi:

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Fucking hell [emoji38] Insane.

6 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

If they wanted to improve themselves, they could stop persecuting/beheading people.

Crazy I know.

Well they are backing our women's team, I doubt they even have a women's team in SA. They at least have the sense not to try to shove their medieval culture down our throats, maybe we should accept that it will take some time before we can shove ours down theirs.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well they are backing our women's team, I doubt they even have a women's team in SA. They at least have the sense not to try to shove their medieval culture down our throats, maybe we should accept that it will take some time before we can shove ours down theirs.

Saudi women's team played their first match this year. Small step but shows how the country is changing. Personally I hope the change in Saudi Arabia happens over a long time, revolutions in that part of the world from Iran to the Arab Spring haven't exactly gone according to plan.

1 minute ago, macphisto said:

Saudi women's team played their first match this year. Small step but shows how the country is changing. Personally I hope the change in Saudi Arabia happens over a long time, revolutions in that part of the world from Iran to the Arab Spring haven't exactly gone according to plan.

Wow, great to hear. :thup:

4 hours ago, macphisto said:

thats not real.

i'll not believe it until oliver holt or someone elese it the national media reports it.

fakenews.