NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t know why no actually good clothing and graphic designers work on football kits. 

It’s the biggest sport in the world, it’s very weird. 

The only designer that got involved in sport that immediately springs to mind is Stella McCartney with the Team GB 2012 gear and a few tennis collaborations with adidas.

16 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t know why no actually good clothing and graphic designers work on football kits. 

It’s the biggest sport in the world, it’s very weird. 

Those companies pay shit wages and undervalue roles like that massively.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys etc.

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

If you can get in early without fun88 on it’s a proper winner

I've got one coming from a man who knows a man and I'm still 100% sceptical.

In fact I posted an image in this very thread and it got called out. Still it was only £20.

Guest HTT II

I remember when we lived in Scotswood just after promotion in ‘93 and someone basically hijacked a lorry full of toon kits on the way to club stores which got cheaply circulated among the whole area, mine was massive on me, but I wore it with pride [emoji38]

Guest HTT II

Loads of streets where everyone was practically on the dole sporting new Toon tops before anyone else, they were mainly adult sizes and they were like nighties. Us kids had to fight with adults for them. It was in the Chronicle at the time and I’m sure SJH made a statement about it at the time too saying they were robbing the club of revenue. The fellas that did it were notorious for robbing lorries, was parked up on the A1 overnight and they took the whole lot. 

14 minutes ago, HTT II said:

just after promotion in ‘93 and someone basically hijacked a lorry full of toon kits on the way to club stores which got cheaply circulated among the whole area. 

I can remember reading that in the chronicle and seeing it on look north. 

I'm fairly sure something similar happened in 95.

I bought the away top, in Carlisle, off a TNT driver I know. He'd got them off someone from TNT in Newcastle. 

Similar craic, ended up with a medium when I'm a large, but still loved it. 

Almost felt cheeky taking it into the club shop to get a name and number on the back. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

I can remember reading that in the chronicle and seeing it on look north. 

I'm fairly sure something similar happened in 95.

I bought the away top, in Carlisle, off a TNT driver I know. He'd got them off someone from TNT in Newcastle. 

Similar craic, ended up with a medium when I'm a large, but still loved it. 

Almost felt cheeky taking it into the club shop to get a name and number on the back. 

Aye it was big news, I shouldn’t say it, but the lorry driver got a canny pay day I know that much…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

I think it was 2,000 + toon tops and various other stuff like training jackets, the prize one at the time was the ‘keeper tops and I remember they were huge! Fat gravy stained 1992 Mags and all that even back then!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Lads that robbed it did a ten stretch for ram raiding shops and one of them famously walked into a Porsche showroom (Blaydon), asked for a test drive of one and pulled over and shoved the salesman literally out the car and drove off. Sadly it got burned out before me and my pals could have had a spin in it! I hope they are not on here as they were massive Toon fans, if they are cheers for the top [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II