NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

19 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Unless it was pre-planned, I honestly find it baffling that somehow Castore managed to design three kits - which the club then signed off - without thinking where a clash might occur.

Would it not be the PL who would sign any kits off, and state whether they deem them to clash?

That said, surely the 'alternative' (Saudi) kit is differnt enough not to clash with Brightons Blue & White stripes?

34 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Unless it was pre-planned, I honestly find it baffling that somehow Castore managed to design three kits - which the club then signed off - without thinking where a clash might occur.

Its really poor to be honest. The whole point of the 3rd kit is because of home & away clashes. 

18 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Yeah I'm so confused as to whart shorts and socks we will wear now.

Surely the one-off kit should basically just be an all green, or all orange, or all black kit (FFS, just a plain black shirt with castore logo on it and our sponsors could do the trick!) 

The easiest thing to do is just use the warm up tops and fire sponsor on it which is what they are doing. No point being out a whole new kit. I assume we will black home shorts with it 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Lots of clubs do this for what it's worth, look at Napoli for an example. Just a way to make more cash.

Not sure it’s anything to do with cash the top is gonna be out as a warm up top anyway 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not sure it’s anything to do with cash the top is gonna be out as a warm up top anyway 

It's gets way more exposure by doing this, then it would ever do just being the warm-up kit.

On 07/07/2022 at 12:08, Kanji said:

Can’t compare pricing of any consumer good from 09/10 to 22/23 mate :lol:

however, I do agree that pricing of these specific items in question are far too expensive for training wear. 

can still get a tube of pringles for £1 [if you buy two], same price as 1996.

This thread of all threads perplexes me the most. I don't think I've seen one kit that is unanimously liked on here.

It's almost as if people have different tastes.

Personally, I love the sentiment, I like the shirt and I reckon other fans will think it looks decent.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Mad thought: Would there have been owt to stop us having all outfield players wear the green, orange or yellow keeper kit (it's not the 90s, they're basically a standard shirt anyway) and putting Pope in an outfield kit or another keeper kit?

It's a good option. Last year, the Arsenal goalkeepers wore the yellow outfield shirt a few times. 

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

It's gets way more exposure by doing this, then it would ever do just being the warm-up kit.

I don’t think it was planned that way, as someone pointed out the away is in the colours of Saudi air (?) and the 3rd is in colours of Saudi national team. I just think it’s really badly thought out rather than..let’s make sure all 3 of our kits clash with Brighton so we can sell a few more of those warm up shirts :lol:

Edited by gdm

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

Lots of clubs do this for what it's worth, look at Napoli for an example. Just a way to make more cash.

do you genuinely believe this was intentional? I take it the Ladies team having to wear training gear for a pre-season match was intentional too?

they're incompetent, man. people need to stop making excuses for them.

14 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

How unlucky for Castore that their failure to design a set of strips for the season has opened the door for a one-off strip, which they will now, due to public demand, have to release.

It’s already being released as a warm up top. It literally says it in the article. This isn’t some clever ploy by castore it’s more likely stupidity & bad planning that’s causing this to happen 

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Aye, loads of clubs are doing these days. Norwich a few years ago had 3 different kits, all yellow and green.

Fulham used to be notorious for it, I remember they had to create a one off kit against us once, Robert scored with what can only be described as an overhead bicycle back-heal.

The FA really should clamp down on it, it’s just became a money making exercise where clubs make multiple kits and are ‘forced’ to create another one, where kids etc will just want all of them.

In the Canadian Premier League, all clubs must have an away kit that is not like their home kit, meaning kit clashes are mostly avoided.

I would very easily be able to distinguish between the teams whatever one of our 3 kits we wear. Needless shitshow and cynical money making. The kit and merch part of the new version of the club is thus far the worst aspect, coming across as unprofessional and cynical.

33 minutes ago, Big River said:

do you genuinely believe this was intentional? I take it the Ladies team having to wear training gear for a pre-season match was intentional too?

they're incompetent, man. people need to stop making excuses for them.

As I have said many times in this thread, I generally really like Castore, I have had 4/5 things from them, they're all of really high quality and never had an issue with them. whether this was planned or not we'll never know, but given loads of clubs do it nowadays I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Guest HTT II

I don’t know what all the fuss is about kit clashes, it never stopped teams in the olden day who all played in black and white.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

It’s already being released as a warm up top. It literally says it in the article. This isn’t some clever ploy by castore it’s more likely stupidity & bad planning that’s causing this to happen 

I'd say labelling it as "one-off" in the advertising banner that is the tweet, is cynical though.

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

I would very easily be able to distinguish between the teams whatever one of our 3 kits we wear. Needless shitshow and cynical money making. The kit and merch part of the new version of the club is thus far the worst aspect, coming across as unprofessional and cynical.

I think because it’s still run by Castore, who just seem like a very tinpot operation. 

Last time we wore a one-off shirt to avoid a colour clash. It ended up being made available for mass release by popular demand (in a reveral of convention).

It was also green. Which will send people absolutely nuts now.

Would wearing the home strip be any different to this v - that looks a lot like Brightons shirt now

2ec901n.jpg

Edited by Wolfcastle

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Last time we wore a one-off shirt to avoid a colour clash. It ended up being made available for mass release by popular demand (in a reveral of convention).

It was also green. Which will send people absolutely nuts now.

Would wearing the home strip be any different to this v - that looks a lot like Brightons shirt now

2ec901n.jpg

What was it? 

And when from?