NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

20 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really interesting. Honestly, I think most of the redesigns are improvements. The Juve one is maybe a step too far, though I don't think it looks bad. 

I think it's the other way around.

Only Arsenals has improved imo.

I think pretty much all of them are better, but it’s a matter of taste. I like clean modern designs for the most part. 

I wouldn’t be against a baseball approach where teams have a few different logos. They’re known by a letting style, a single design for the cap, a simple logo and a complex logo. 

Really football teams are only known by their one badge, which is a bit limited for designing cool products. 

21 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Could be in the twitter thread or whatever but, seeing as there's been some badge crack on here, I thought youz might find this mildly interesting.......(apols if repetition) 

This is great, thanks for posting. What the updates are accomplishing is brand scale beyond traditional means, like the kit, printed materials, etc. Most of these updates are to comply with digital brand requirements and scaling for various screen states, sizes etc. Some of the previous designs might not be accessible as well, where simplifying the visual language of the club creates more inclusivity in growing and retaining a fanbase.

21 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really interesting. Honestly, I think most of the redesigns are improvements. The Juve one is maybe a step too far, though I don't think it looks bad. 

In terms of iteration, it's quite the departure from the previous badging, which accomplished a good portion of what I mentioned in my first paragraph. Juve has some English influence in it's establishing origins, no? Trying to think why they'd have the lion and crown, but am too lazy to Google. I suppose they might have wanted to distance from that legacy in becoming more of a distinct entity. 

I'd be shocked if Eales wasn't leading a CX vision and Branding exercise right now as part of his commercial oversight. If we get into Europe next year, expect some of the changes introduced in the spring, summer when we tour pre-season before qualifying rounds and the season begin.

23 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Could be in the twitter thread or whatever but, seeing as there's been some badge crack on here, I thought youz might find this mildly interesting.......(apols if repetition) 

That Bristol City one is mint. 

3 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I know everything is expensive these days, but this feels like £35 not £75. I wonder how much of this stuff is selling.

02B69A06-299F-489F-AB0D-546A44BFB473.jpeg

Given the constant sale that appears to be on I would guess at not that much, give it a month & that'll be half price.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Random whinge here, but It’s mental you can’t buy a cap or a beanie hat from the official store. I do think we need to get shot of Castore, hardly any club merchandise. 

Lack of “stuff” people would buy is crazy.

23 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Random whinge here, but It’s mental you can’t buy a cap or a beanie hat from the official store. I do think we need to get shot of Castore, hardly any club merchandise. 

Agree with your general point but just get something like these, they are nicer anyway:

https://footballbobbles.com/product-tag/newcastle-united/?orderby=popularity

On 10/10/2022 at 17:21, mrmojorisin75 said:

Class!  I thought they were very good quality, just the issue with the one sponsor that came came off the home shirt but I'm actually happy about that. Good to hear.

Disaster, wor lass washed it inside out the second time and half the sponsor has come off!! Gutted as it was the best shirt I have had yet! Going to try and iron the rest of it off and it might look even better!

On 30/11/2022 at 09:26, RodneyCisse said:

Depends what you want but Florida Print in the Metro Centre does Premier League numbers.

I went to Florida print last week for this and they've shut down. I'll check out the one of Clayton Street when I get chance. 

On 26/11/2022 at 15:17, NUFC_Chris said:

I’ve got a Fanatics Colts beanie hat. Absolute mint quality, and great for the winter. Something similar would be great for us. A few years ago there was a couple knocking about from the online store and a few people picked them up. I’ve not seen anything since.