NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

3 hours ago, nufcnick said:

This is why I think we’re releasing so much merchandise, if Castore can’t get it out in acceptable numbers then they are in breach of contract and can be terminated 

thats what i was hoping.

The Castore deal was finalised when they were still trying to sort out the takeover.  Why the fuck did Ashley sign a long term deal?  And why the fuck did the prospective buyers not say it might be reasonably important not to do that?

Also, while I haven’t bought a top in 24 years and therefore it has no direct impact me, I’m a bit puzzled by the clamour for adidas.  Other than that first season, my memory is that most of the kit designs were shite tbh.  I know money talks, but I’d be far happier if Umbro came calling again.  Or Nike for the first time. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The Castore deal was finalised when they were still trying to sort out the takeover.  Why the fuck did Ashley sign a long term deal?  And why the fuck did the prospective buyers not say it might be reasonably important not to do that?

Also, while I haven’t bought a top in 24 years and therefore it has no direct impact me, I’m a bit puzzled by the clamour for adidas.  Other than that first season, my memory is that most of the kit designs were shite tbh.  I know money talks, but I’d be far happier if Umbro came calling again.  Or Nike for the first time. 

I think there’ll be plenty of suitors :indi:

14 hours ago, nufcnick said:

This is why I think we’re releasing so much merchandise, if Castore can’t get it out in acceptable numbers then they are in breach of contract and can be terminated 

What so we're testing them by requesting they release more merch and seeing if they can handle it? Interesting theory tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

What so we're testing them by requesting they release more merch and seeing if they can handle it? Interesting theory tbh. 

It’s probably more that they’re trying to do it so they don’t get binned. 

Either way, they have to go. Relic of shitter days. 

35 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'm not desperate for Adidas for take the reins but they'd certainly be better than Castore. It'll only be one of Nike or Adidas, can't see anything else happening. 

I’d really like a slightly unusual one like New Balance or Hummel. Make it feel a bit different. 

That said, I’d be all over adidas or Nike if they do a good job on design. 

Pretty sure Castore knew exactly what they were doing as well. Remember when they first started they initially had bunch of 'a new beginning' type marketing out there, almost like they'd had the heads up that there was still a pretty strong chance the takeover would be going through later in the season. They've basically paid (barely) mid-table money for what will likely be a top 4 side by the time their contract is up.