NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The Castore deal was finalised when they were still trying to sort out the takeover.  Why the fuck did Ashley sign a long term deal?  And why the fuck did the prospective buyers not say it might be reasonably important not to do that?

Also, while I haven’t bought a top in 24 years and therefore it has no direct impact me, I’m a bit puzzled by the clamour for adidas.  Other than that first season, my memory is that most of the kit designs were shite tbh.  I know money talks, but I’d be far happier if Umbro came calling again.  Or Nike for the first time. 

Isn’t Castore run by someone related to Ashley or something?

If we want to kick Castore out and get a new deal in for next eason, need to do it a.s.a.p. Leaks of kits usually start popping up around end of this month up to April and usually production.may have started for a July or early August release.

5 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

“Still, following Ashley at Rangers and now joining him at Newcastle. Is there really no relationship?

“The truth is there’s none,” Beahon says, willing to address the question but frustrated this connection lingers. “Ashley is not a shareholder in Castore. The Reuben Brothers aren’t investors. The answer is definitively no. I have all of my investors’ numbers, I know them on a first-name basis, and I don’t have Ashley’s number in my phone. We’ve partnered with Rangers and Newcastle because of the opportunity, the potential upside, and it’s nothing to do with Ashley.”

So, categorically, this is not a way of Ashley still having a back-door route into Newcastle if he sells? There is no involvement with Castore? “No,” Beahon says firmly. “Absolutely none.””

https://theathletic.com/2693219/2021/07/08/castore-founder-explains-newcastle-kit-deal-mike-ashley-links-pricing-and-getting-fans-excited-again/?access_token=8349337&redirected=1

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

If we want to kick Castore out and get a new deal in for next eason, need to do it a.s.a.p. Leaks of kits usually start popping up around end of this month up to April and usually production.may have started for a July or early August release.

Castore will 100% be here next season

6 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

It isn’t, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it emerged that big retailers like SD make better margin on Castore products.  I know SD shops have Nike and adidas stuff in to get people into the shops, sometimes making very little margin, then make their big bucks on other stuff (in Ashley’s case, particularly the dead brands he bought out for himself - Lonsdale and the like)

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Castore will 100% be here next season

Definitely. It's far too late for even Nike or Adidas to design, manufacture, market and sort the logistics and supply chain of the volume of kits we'd require. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can't stand that white kit, doesn't look like a NUFC kit at all.

I really want to get something for the cup final but Castore are sooooo shit.

I'm the complete opposite, think its one of the best away kits we've had in years, its really really smart imo :lol: 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I got the 1974 home kit for £25 from Castore. Don't think it's Castore made but came pretty quickly too.

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not maybe pick up a second hand or bnib from classic football shirts?

Btw, I wouldn't normally wear colours but is this something I should be doing for the final!? 

What's our final etiquette?

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Not maybe pick up a second hand or bnib from classic football shirts?

Btw, I wouldn't normally wear colours but is this something I should be doing for the final!? 

What's our final etiquette?

Getting blotto and chucking chairs through shop windows win or lose. 

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

fuck sake i've just ordered this for £45

Oof

Maybe yours will be a better version. This one doesn’t look as silvery as the original. 

On 08/02/2023 at 08:24, RodneyCisse said:

Just ordered it.  I don't have any NUFC merchandise, and was hoping to have something before the final.  5-10 day shipping, estimated delivery date the day after the final (I'm in the US). :(