NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

54 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

When did printers start objecting that things were easy or difficult to print?

City and Chelsea changed their as they were obscenely dated and didn't fit with the image of 'successful' clubs

Not really, what other successful clubs have circle shape badges in the prem, apart from Leicester.

Anyway as gdm says, boring discussion. :lol:

The argument that a badge change helps cut costs is absurd. You change the badge as a point of rebranding to a more recognizable or modern look. 

I don’t like the modernized badges for the most part, I think what makes football so great are the older shield/crests that look supremely classic. Prefer the old Liverpool and Spurs ones versus what they have now tbh. 

Erm no, it’s nothing to do with cost.

I’m kind of a fan of new stuff TBH, just because everything in football is so old fashioned. Guess it’s worse when you support a club that hasn’t moved forward in a decade mind. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

It is a lot to do with cost and more so the application and consistency of application on various fabrics.

Any sharp edges are problematic with high heat washing. Gone are the days of Stitched down woven crests.

The modern heat transfers and patches are temperamental, therefore containing them in a circle or rounded base alleviate that issue.

i don't think any merchandise brand or club gives a shit about how people wash or care for their garments...if it doesn't last, you either wear the bad garment or you buy a new one. 

1 hour ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

It is a lot to do with cost and more so the application and consistency of application on various fabrics.

Any sharp edges are problematic with high heat washing. Gone are the days of Stitched down woven crests.

The modern heat transfers and patches are temperamental, therefore containing them in a circle or rounded base alleviate that issue.

I thought it was more to do with the use of a strong logo on digital media. But I dunno. 

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

i don't think any merchandise brand or club gives a shit about how people wash or care for their garments...if it doesn't last, you either wear the bad garment or you buy a new one. 

Well, unfortunately you don't know much about Merchandising Brands. It's actually heavily linked to the Professional use. But there are standards on all Garments.

But I'm sure you know best! Don't shoot the messenger :)

any 1 see the leaked away/3rd that was on newcastle fan TV fb page I think it looks even worse cus its on a mannequin with a pair of tits :lol: absolutely hideous  if true, would post pic on here but don't know how to 

Edited by GavMcEl