NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

On 02/07/2021 at 16:59, nbthree3 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/castore-exclusive-tom-beahon-newcastle-20959372

A "multi-year" - understood to be five year - partnership with Newcastle United is a foothill on the Everest of overturning the dominance of the likes of Nike, Adidas and Puma - the latter ousted after nearly a decade as kit supplier to Newcastle.

---

"Newcastle is a perfect example of what is wrong with the market and where Castore thinks we can do things differently," he tells ChronicleLive in an exclusive interview.

"If you're one of those 'big four', you partner with one of those big brands, you'd get a bespoke range, limited editions products opps, retro kits, accessories, lifestyle products and provide brilliant marketing support and plug them into the international distribution network. But for anyone out the big four we felt the model, simply,is broken. It was all standardised kits, very little by way of bespoke designs and even stranger, very little by way of marketing investment.

"If you look at the size of Newcastle's fanbase and the love and deep passion they have for that club - it's passed through the generations and in families - why, as a brand, would you not want to make bespoke products? Why would you not want to invest in marketing and tell the club's story?

"There won't be any templated kits from Castore. Every single thing we make in the Newcastle range, from a technical perspective, will be bespoke. First, away, third, training kit, anthem jackets they'll come out in the stadium to, lifestyle products - everything will be bespoke. It's a commitment we made at the start of this deal.

"It's an opportunity for us to come in and shake things up. Why would you want to partner with a club like Newcastle in terms of size and stature and not really activate that partnership and bring it to life with creative marketing and story telling, content and the chance to do some cool stuff with the players?"

"There's a lot of opportunity out there but we don't want to do every deal. We want to partner with clubs we feel match our own ambitions. We're very ambitious as a brand. We want to be number one globally in five years - that's an ambition - and we want to partner with clubs that are equally ambitious.

"We know how deep and passionate the Newcastle fanbase is but the next stage really excites me: where can this club go and be in the next five years? That was a big driver behind drawing me to this opportunity."

Next week will see the first Newcastle Castore kit launched with, Beahon reveals, a "nod to heritage and history".

---

It is part of Castore's biggest ever kit deal which they're financially and "emotionally" invested in.

"I care about this deeply," Beahon says.

"This is a significant financial investment from my business in Newcastle and I'm very, very comfortable making that based on how big the fanbase is but also how passionate it is and the ambitions the club has the exciting journey the club will go on in the next five years.

"Some of the stuff I've seen about the Reuben Brothers being investors or Mike Ashley are just fundamentally not true. I know each one of my investors on a first name basis, I've got all of their numbers in my phone and I speak to them quite regularly to discuss what's going on with the business.

What is clear is that Castore will do things differently. Fans can expect lifestyle clothes, retro kits, limited edition match shirts and more between now and the start fo the season.

"We all know the recent history of Newcastle but as an outside observer you just look at the club and think: 'There's so much we could do better'," Beahon says.

"I touched on that with marketing and products but the retail experience is a big, big part of that. If I look at the website fans were buying off and going up to St James' Park, as I have been, the retail experience there's a lot we can do better.

"If we're going to invest in the club partnership as we are, why would we not want to take over the retail? It just means it's in our gift to make it a success. It puts more pressure on us but shows we are totally commited to this partnership.

We can all imagine the phone call from Mike Ashley to Puma.

On 02/07/2021 at 17:42, gdm said:

Aye 

One rumour swirling round the deal is that it has been driven by the Reuben Brothers, possible co-owners of the club if a takeover can be brokered.

But Beahon says that is not true - and it's understood this deal is unconnected to the buy out.

"I try not to keep up with the rumour mill if I'm honest. I did try to but I was spending 16 hours on Twitter rather than running my business," he said.

"Some of the stuff I've seen about the Reuben Brothers being investors or Mike Ashley are just fundamentally not true. I know each one of my investors on a first name basis, I've got all of their numbers in my phone and I speak to them quite regularly to discuss what's going on with the business.

So Mike could be an investor.

Another few images. i like the one Hayden and the rest are wearing.

Funnily, blue was also the colour of choice for Amanda for her interview yesterday too. The mock up of the away kit was also blue if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by nufcjb

16 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Another few images. i like the one Hayden and the rest are wearing.

Funnily, blue was also the colour of choice for Amanda for her interview yesterday too. The mock up of the away kit was also blue if I'm not mistaken.

yeah was rumours going around now for a month or 2, even before them concept kits came out, that the away is blue and the 3rd is black and Gold, or the other way about.