NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

8 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Rangers’ kit looks lush. Not sure how they’ve managed to fuck this up so badly.

At least there’s red numbers. Fair play that Puma brought them back. Let’s just hope that’s one thing that continues forever now.

Saying that, the lettering on the 95-97 shirts was unreal - I assume there’s PL regulations in place now whereby you wouldn’t be able to design numbers and lettering like that again?

Back then #’s had no uniformity like they are required to now. But in any case, the brands are more than welcome to use those type of numbers in league cup, fa cup, European competitions and friendlies. Will be interesting to see if we do that now with Castore. 

13 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not sure why anyone's surprised at the cost given that Rangers and Wolves cost the same and have been available online for a while.

Wonder how much they'll be in Sports Direct 😂

Dunno how much wolves kit cost but the training stuff is all a lot cheaper than nufc

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Dunno how much wolves kit cost but the training stuff is all a lot cheaper than nufc

Replica kit for them and Rangers has always been advertised as £65 on the official Castore

sitehttps://shop.rangers.co.uk/products/mens-21-22-home-shirt

Edited by gjohnson

Just seen a post on Twitter where someone had bought and was asked about the badge... it isn't even an embroidered patch... its an Iron-on 'transfer' seemingly made to look embroidered...

For £65!

Think I prefer the dodgy one (with its pissed seahorses) on my DHGate knock off to that!

Edited by TK-421

19 hours ago, LV said:

Football kits peaked at our 1990s grandad collar home and away kits. 

Closely followed by the 1980s silver away kit

I certainly won’t be buying these new monstrosities 

That was at the early stages of the current "new strip every year" bollocks. We've probably had more different strips, since then, than we had before then.

Guest HTT II

My boy was at training this morning and his club were also doing trials, loads of kids and adults there with the new kit, I have to say it looked good the kids’ ones without the logo and feels a better product than the Puma ones we’ve been used to. The adult ones though look shit with that daft big blue logo. 

Guest HTT II

Oh and the club shop apparently didn’t have socks for other than small kids yesterday on release, 2 week back log. Joke club again!

Would be cool if we one day went the route of Rangers and had 2 badges. The one for the kits (something very simple and can be embroidered nicely so people here can be happy) and then a club crest we have today that used in other more official usages. 

23 hours ago, Kanji said:

The fume over a badge makes me chuckle every year. 

It’s really bad though, we always pick the cheapest and tackiest option. It’s just an example of how football fans are treated like absolute shit and supplied with inferior products for massive prices. 

11 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

People saying it's not that bad etc.

:yao: its fucking awful.

Will never be able to un-see the 4 on the front. 

How every fan saw it immediately, yet it still got past the designers is beyond amazing. Wonder if the Castore lot were railroaded into groupthink.

Head designer...."It's got a grandad collar like the 95 one, they'll love it."

Design team..."Totally right boss"

Scabby minion..."What about the big number 4 on the front?"

Design team..."......"

Head designer..." What number 4? there's no number 4"

Design team...."right boss"

Scabby minion..."maybe just invert the colours and it looks better"

Head designer...."Get out"

Design team...."good call boss"