Overwatch

Pixelphish

A long, long time I think. Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft are ancient. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are just the same IPs.

From what i've read this is the leftovers of their 'Titan' MMO which they abandoned as it wasn't going the direction they wanted. Clearly a lot of ideas taken from TF2 in there, the sentry gun and medic beam being the obvious ones.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks just like TF2 to me. Never been a big Blizzard fan, but have to say I really enjoy playing heroes of the storm.

the animated shorts are worth watching (overwatchs) very pixaresque. Always been tempted to play hots but the idea of a moba is also terrifying considering their rep

Think they're having a full AI mode in this to accompany the multiplayer. Looks a lot of fun, plus any contribution towards a kill and its rewarded to you also. (Although the final blow is the actual kill)

• 3 weeks later...

"Open" beta 5th-9th. Early access beta begins on the 1st. I have a spare key for it if anyone wants.

Do you have to do anything like pre order to get into the open beta?  Not that it matters as I can always cancel if I don't like it.