Newcastle United 2 - 3 Swansea City - 25/04/15 - Post-match reaction from pg 17

Dave

I always use this analogy: loyalty to this incarnation of NUFC is like declaring undying loyalty to your wife whilst you can hear her through the wall getting knocked off by the next door neighbour.

There's a line to be drawn in any situation, a point where you have to say "That's it, I'm not having the piss taken out of me any more."

Completely ruling out doing so under any circumstances shows a mind-boggling lack of self respect.

That's utter bollocks.

There's thousands of football fans all over the country who love going to watch their football club and have done since they were small children.

It's in their blood and despite how bad things get simply cannot stop doing it.

Yeah, they're sheep with no self respect and you're one of them.

No we're not.

We're people who've grown up loving their football and supporting their football club whether they're good or bad.

It's a hobby that we all enjoy.

Good or bad doesn't even come into it, man. As others have pointed out, we've been shite for most of our history. This is about someone taking away the things you love about the club, the things that made you want to go to the match in the first place.

After being on the verge for ages, it took us scoring the first goal to make me decide to cancel my season ticket. No emotion whatsoever. I'm completely out of love with it and I have been for a long time, but stupid as it sounds that was the final straw.

Next season I'll mostly be going to Northern League matches.

How you can turn up paying your hard earned, watching Ryan Taylor get his arsehole turned inside out whilst a giant sports direct ticker circles the pitch is beyond me.

Is there any other form of entertainment (sporting aside) where people just turn up or watch, regardless of the shit that is on display?

I suppose if you think the bbc is s*** then the license fee is a pain but who thinks that?

You can boycott the bbc by paying and not watching it I guess :undecided: having said that people watch shit on the tele or buy papers just so they can rage at them.

Dya know what, when we were shit by accident I didn't mind it, I almost expected it. Now we are shit by design though, it's probably the worst ever time for me as a supporter. I actively despise the thing I once loved and it's horrific.

It isn't a football club anymore, it's a living breathing monument to one mans largess and disdain for his "customers".

Fuck what now calls itself NUFC, fuck it. Burn the fucking thing to the ground with Ashley, Charnely and John "I'm a Geordie" fucking Carver all inside the cunt. They can keep it.

Reminds me of the Westwood and McKeag days of no ambition, the days before JH and FS came along and had a go.

Supporting a club that has no ambition is soul destroying and it's back.

Guest chopey

At least with the Westwood and Mckeag days the fans were all one cohesive unit working together for the long term future of the club.

Tbh, don't really care about that. Why should the players give a shit when the guys on the top don't? And yes, they get paid a lot but still. When a player has been here for years and seen how mismanaged the club is i don't blame them for not caring.

All it shows is mismanagement from the top is filtered down, how can you care when those above you don't,  so long as you're achieving your remit and not rocking the boat, you're golden.

Leaders lead from the front, managers manage, we have no leaders at NUFC and therein lies our problem. It's all crumbling down at the moment.

I always use this analogy: loyalty to this incarnation of NUFC is like declaring undying loyalty to your wife whilst you can hear her through the wall getting knocked off by the next door neighbour.

There's a line to be drawn in any situation, a point where you have to say "That's it, I'm not having the piss taken out of me any more."

Completely ruling out doing so under any circumstances shows a mind-boggling lack of self respect.

That's utter bollocks.

There's thousands of football fans all over the country who love going to watch their football club and have done since they were small children.

I realise there is 3 more pages I haven't read as I respond, but...

That is so spectacularly wrong I can't get my head around what you just said.

Wullie's post is 100% accurate.

Your statement regarding 1000's of football fans all over the country is irrelevant as we would all agree with that, you left out the bit about the club being a shambles from the top down and that fact systemically destroys the team from within. 90% of your 1,000's wouldn't enjoy that irrespective of loving the club since they were children.

It's in their blood-and simply cannot stop going. Here you share the reasoning of a battered wife. You cannot make the connection between your continued support and the resulting pain you feel.

Turning your back on the club at this juncture IS supporting the team, as it is done for the long term benefit of the team/club. You are NOT stopping the love affair, it is a hiatus in order to achieve something.

How anyone can sit and watch a team that doesn't try to win, all the time thinking 'it's my team, I love them, I have to support them'.

Well fine, support them in your heart, that's where all love affairs reside anyway. Use your brain for action, then perhaps you will find your love affair rekindled.

Sitting and suffering WON'T change anything, action might.

How you can turn up paying your hard earned, watching Ryan Taylor get his arsehole turned inside out whilst a giant sports direct ticker circles the pitch is beyond me.

Is there any other form of entertainment (sporting aside) where people just turn up or watch, regardless of the s*** that is on display?

I've watched Neighbours for 20+ years and it's fucking terrible.

That's utter bollocks.

No. The analogy is spot on. You just choose to let the neighbour fuck the wife because you also enjoy fucking the wife and she'd not let you if she couldn't fuck the neighbour while you listened.

To be fair to Ujpest, he's made it quite clear he likes to give the wife and the neigbour a couple of hours time to themselves on a Saturday afternoon.

Just got round to seeing the goals, fucking hell it looked amateur hour again.

Absolutely rancid defending for all three from the back 4 and the two dickheads infront offering as much protection as a johnny made out of mesh.

Absolutely rancid defending for all three from the back 4 and the two dickheads infront offering as much protection as a johnny made out of mesh.

Despite him suddenly becoming a leper who people seem to want rid of we have missed Tiote Massively since the turn of the year.

Despite him suddenly becoming a leper who people seem to want rid of we have missed Tiote Massively since the turn of the year.

He'd look terrible too. Carver is toxic.