Parky's Quoting Problem

Guest Gemmill

Guest Gemmill

Parky, would it not be quicker for you to type the [ quote] and [/ quote] tags than doing the whole quotation marks and then attributing the post to its owner thing.  I'm just thinking of you.  Anyone that doesn't know that you're just having an issue because of the computer you use might think you're a bit simple is all. blueyes.gif

Try it with this post.

"I understand it was one of the key factors in him not being 'made' the other week." Chix

I could quote if I used my laptop as I have demonstrated before. But I just don't like the keyboard on it.

Guest Gemmill

"I understand it was one of the key factors in him not being 'made' the other week." Chix

I could quote if I used my laptop as I have demonstrated before. But I just don't like the keyboard on it.

Oi man!  Type the quotes thing!

Suggestion: If your favoured keyboard is USB, then plug it into the laptop and use that from now on - it'll help untangle Gemma and Dave's knickers for sure.

That is something I've considered GM, but I do most of my 'downloading' on the laptop while I'm online and having the two machines purring happily is more important. bluecool.gif

More important than keeping Gemma purring happily? bluebigeek.gif

As someone that's worked with the disadvantaged in the past, I thought you'd appreciate my efforts. bluebigrazz.gif

I slaute you Gemmill - tryiong to help the Forum "care in the Community" initiative

must say he's been slipping recently tho... giant slugs on Mars as well as the bloody elves........................

"giant slugs on Mars as well as the bloody elves..." Rob

Still trying to deny me and Kitty's slug analysis. bluewink.gif

You'll notice he's failed to put forward a decent alternative.  Friggin' pie chucker!  bluebiggrin.gif

My machine goes to find the quotes, but never comes back. Whether I type 'the quote thing' or not the problem would remanin Germster. blueyes.gif

no it wouldnt.

you would type

Gemmil talks a lot here [/quote ]

and it would come out as

Gemmil talks a lot here

your machine does nowt its how the server displays your post that makes the quote.

dipshit blueyes.gif