Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

Hell no, do people think it will force fat Mike to sell? In the premiership at least we are a attractive proposition for some rich Arab / Russian. (Wishful thinking )

Everton have been for sale and in the premiership for years and no one has bought them.

Guest Gino14

Hell no, do people think it will force fat Mike to sell? In the premiership at least we are a attractive proposition for some rich Arab / Russian. (Wishful thinking )

I don't know the exact state of affairs.  My assessment though, would be that in the Championship we'd be costly to run and generating no revenue.  There'd be inherent risk to any business man wanting to buy us, because without good ambition it'd be a money loser till back in the premiership.  We'll be in that position if Ashley sells us in the Championship because it'll mean we've become stuck there.  If we get promoted straight away after one season, Ashley would ride that out anyway, knowing massive premiership money is just around the corner again.  So to me it's not a question of if you'd take relegation to get rid of Ashley, it's a question of if you'd take five seasons in the championship and then get bought by some other spend thrift business type.  We definitely won't attract an Abramovich type in the Championship after a few years, so it'd potentially be a two decade setback to our progress.

Right now, I still hold a vain hope that if we survive, Rangers can get promoted soon and Ashley's desperate plan to advertise in the Champions League will mean he needs to sell us.  That way we get to stay up and potentially get bought by someone a lot better.  That's perhaps cloud cuckoo land though, so I fully understand the nature of people's attitude when it's "get him out at any cost" because he's been such a disaster for the club and the soul of the club.  I just can't ever get myself to want relegation.

Voted yes. I can't see that there's anything at NUFC that's worth supporting any more and I really want that to change. I think there's more chance of that happening if we go down.

As long as we're in the premier league Ashley has absolutely no incentive to sell. If we go down long enough for the parachute payments to run out and to really start missing the TV money then he may just cut his losses.

Plus it would serve the cunts right!

Thought about it, decided no. For a start I live in the south (yeah the appletini drinking bit) and I wouldn't be able to hack the history-revisionist, 'see what happens when you get rid of a good manager like Pardew' bullshit abuse without administering death by a thousand cuts to a significant section of SW19.

Secondly, the Championship was fun last time out but would suck this time as we simply don't have the squad capable of getting us out of it. Hughton was a massive part of bringing some focus, dignity, professionalism and respect back to the club and we won't have that this time round.

Come to think of it, I miss Hughton. He might have had his managerial deficiencies, particularly his cautious approach on occasions, but what a thoroughly nice bloke- it was during his tenure that fans of other clubs actually used to say nice things about NUFC to me mainly because we were represented by the manager so well.

I don't see things in black and white (meh) so I don't think we'd 'do a Blackpool' (meh) but I certainly think we might end up in the Championship for a few years, which personally I would grow to dislike.

I live in the south (yeah the appletini drinking bit) and I wouldn't be able to hack the history-revisionist, 'see what happens when you get rid of a good manager like Pardew' bullshit abuse without administering death by a thousand cuts

This so much, wish I lived in Newcastle still. If only for bumping into those fans that are actually switched on.

Don't give a shit.

This.

Completely desensitised to it now and if it happens then it happens, the world will carry on spinning and everyone will just get on with it. If it happens then I'd like to think Ashley will eventually get bored/sick of having to deal with NUFC and just cut his losses (wishful thinking I know) so a spell out of the top-flight may make us enough of a ballache to take seriously. Might take 3 or 4 seasons but the lack of coverage would sway him eventually. 

I've said I do to some people, but deep down I'll be relieved if we stay up, especially as I think it's between us and the mackems.

In saying that, if we do go down (which I think we will) I will care the least I ever have over a relegation. I'll definitely see quite a few silver linings in that cloud....

Don't give a shit.

This.

Completely desensitised to it now and if it happens then it happens, the world will carry on spinning and everyone will just get on with it. If it happens then I'd like to think Ashley will eventually get bored/sick of having to deal with NUFC and just cut his losses (wishful thinking I know) so a spell out of the top-flight may make us enough of a ballache to take seriously. Might take 3 or 4 seasons but the lack of coverage would sway him eventually.

Aye, so far past the point of being heart broken which is heart breaking in itself.

on the fence too despite what the media at large say it is not the end of the world and the club hierarchy, "coaching" staff and players more than deserve it but ultimately they won't be the ones harmed by this, not really anyway. At worst (for them) the coaching staff will be sacked and get payoffs, ashley might take somewhat of a hit but compared to the scale of his own personal fortune its not exactly a hammer blow is it and given last time we were in the championship we were on tv almost every other week it won't hurt exposure for sports direct in the domestic market. While the players will either still be here on existing contracts or off somewhere else probably getting paid more so doesn't hurt them beyond professional pride which all evidence presented thus far they don't have any to begin with. No the ones hurt by this are the ones employed on minimum wage many of whom could (probably would) lose their jobs in cost cutting exercises.

Voted yes ,sick and tired now and want to see everyone in the management suffer like we have over the years and its pennys to Ashley but slowly but surely he is getting picked on from all sides through his involvement wit us .Rangers and Shit Di%ect

No.

Madness that the question could even be asked. It's getting like winning this battle with Ashley is more important than what happens to the club.

Club will survive imho ,the more anti Ashley and his way of running things as a business from the media may sicken him and im clutching at straws here

Guest reefatoon

No Chance.

You sure? There are more games in the Championship, just think of all those extra hours away from the wife.

No.

Madness that the question could even be asked. It's getting like winning this battle with Ashley is more important than what happens to the club.

:lol: :lol: you realise that winning the battle with Ashley IS the most important thing that could happen to the club, right?

Probably fearful we'll lose stars like Sammy and Colback if we go down tbf to him.