Christ i'm bored.

Jay Jay Sea

Friday afternoon and gonna be in the office until 7 p.m. as I got a few deadlines to meet.  Anyone else bored toady? I got some completely useless think bird with a twich in her left eye sitting opposite going on at me about what she's buying from 'Azdaz' tonight and yapping on about fast food. F*ck off man.

Friday afternoon and gonna be in the office until 7 p.m. as I got a few deadlines to meet.  Anyone else bored toady? I got some completely useless think bird with a twich in her left eye sitting opposite going on at me about what she's buying from 'Azdaz' tonight and yapping on about fast food. F*ck off man.

whats a "think bird" ?

Friday afternoon and gonna be in the office until 7 p.m. as I got a few deadlines to meet. Anyone else bored toady? I got some completely useless think bird with a twich in her left eye sitting opposite going on at me about what she's buying from 'Azdaz' tonight and yapping on about fast food. F*ck off man.

whats a "think bird" ?

That should be thick.  Man she is thick.  We've moved on now.......or she has.......she is now saying that playing poker is the work of the devil.  Now I am extremely angry.

Guest Gemmill

Friday afternoon and gonna be in the office until 7 p.m. as I got a few deadlines to meet. Anyone else bored toady? I got some completely useless think bird with a twich in her left eye sitting opposite going on at me about what she's buying from 'Azdaz' tonight and yapping on about fast food. F*ck off man.

whats a "think bird" ?

That should be thick.  Man she is thick.  We've moved on now.......or she has.......she is now saying that playing poker is the work of the devil.  Now I am extremely angry.

Double tit punch required.  Poker is a gentleman's game.  I think I'll fire up the PC tonight and have a blast on Pokerstars.

whats a "think bird" ?

Double tit punch required.  Poker is a gentleman's game.  I think I'll fire up the PC tonight and have a blast on Pokerstars.

What's Pokerstars? Wouldn't mind learning how to play poker, i havn't got a fucking clue.

whats a "think bird" ?

Double tit punch required. Poker is a gentleman's game. I think I'll fire up the PC tonight and have a blast on Pokerstars.

Nice move there Gem. Yes, a quick extension of the old arms with fists clenched tight should do the trick.  Poker Stars. I'm on there tomorrow night at 11 p.m. Got a $800 final round seat to win a $16,250 seat to Monte Carlo in March '07. Not holding out much hope though as, no matter how much I try, I will be drunk tomorrow. If I am completely motal then I can enter some $650 final round tournament to win a seat to the Bahamas next month.  Theory - great, practise - no chance.

whats a "think bird" ?

What's Pokerstars? Wouldn't mind learning how to play poker, i havn't got a f***ing clue.

is that a general "i haven't got a fucking clue" or is it aimed at the poker ?

Guest Gemmill

whats a "think bird" ?

What's Pokerstars? Wouldn't mind learning how to play poker, i havn't got a fucking clue.

It's just an online poker site.  Think it's probably the biggest now since Party Poker stopped all the yanks.  Loads of decent books out there for if you fancy learning - PM me if you want some recommendations.

Guest Gemmill

whats a "think bird" ?

Double tit punch required. Poker is a gentleman's game. I think I'll fire up the PC tonight and have a blast on Pokerstars.

Nice move there Gem. Yes, a quick extension of the old arms with fists clenched tight should do the trick.  Poker Stars. I'm on there tomorrow night at 11 p.m. Got a $800 final round seat to win a $16,250 seat to Monte Carlo in March '07. Not holding out much hope though as, no matter how much I try, I will be drunk tomorrow. If I am completely motal then I can enter some $650 final round tournament to win a seat to the Bahamas next month.  Theory - great, practise - no chance.

Nice one.  I kept entering the Moneymaker Millionaire freeroll thing but never got past the first round. :oops: $800 is a bit out of my league though - I'm a $5 or $10 SNG man at the minute, but hoping to move on to bigger and better things in time. 

whats a "think bird" ?

What's Pokerstars? Wouldn't mind learning how to play poker, i havn't got a f***ing clue.

It's just an online poker site. Think it's probably the biggest now since Party Poker stopped all the yanks. Loads of decent books out there for if you fancy learning - PM me if you want some recommendations.

Claypool chap - my advice would be to NOT jump straight into a book like Doyle Brunson's Super System 2, anythink by Sklansky and anything by Mike Caro. You can purchase some good cheap books that teach you the basics either online or any half decent book/record store. Failing that I charge £30 an hour.  A must if you want to know all of the intracacies of check raising after the turn.

whats a "think bird" ?

Nice one. I kept entering the Moneymaker Millionaire freeroll thing but never got past the first round. :oops: $800 is a bit out of my league though - I'm a $5 or $10 SNG man at the minute, but hoping to move on to bigger and better things in time.

Wow Gem...I did not pay $800 for the seat chap!!  No...I won the seat but saying that it did cost me $175 to enter the tournament.  I generally play say 10 man SNG tournaments at anywhere between £70-250 but occasionally step into the £530 10-man SNG on Party Poker.  Playing tonight with some fellas over the west end. All good fun.

Guest Gemmill

whats a "think bird" ?

It's just an online poker site. Think it's probably the biggest now since Party Poker stopped all the yanks. Loads of decent books out there for if you fancy learning - PM me if you want some recommendations.

Claypool chap - my advice would be to NOT jump straight into a book like Doyle Brunson's Super System 2, anythink by Sklansky and anything by Mike Caro. You can purchase some good cheap books that teach you the basics either online or any half decent book/record store. Failing that I charge £30 an hour.  A must if you want to know all of the intracacies of check raising after the turn.

The full text to Super System is available online somewhere.  I've only read the hold 'em chapter like.  First book I got was Poker for Dummies. :oops:  Then onto Ed Miller's book (Small Stakes Hold 'Em) and the Harrington Books and a few others (Kill Phil, Phil Gordon's LGB).  Am reading Theory of Poker at the minute, but fuck me, it's a dry read.  Agree on not starting with anythign too dry though.  You'd be bored shitless if Sklansky's was the first book you picked up.

Good luck tonight btw.  :thup:

:lol: 7pm thats early man im always in the office til 12.30am

read a letter in the paper the other day about a person complaining about "why do companies leave lights on at night in the offices in London, what a waste of electricity"

the next day there was a reponse from another person saying "because we would find it difficult to work in the dark"

:lol:

Right i'm downloading http://www.partypoker.net/download/

It says it's free and it offers free tutorials.

Anybody tried it?

F**k I ain't never gonna meet my deadline at the is rate espcially as soon as anything to do with poker appears!! Claypool.....Party Poker (I think Gem has already touched on this) used to be the biggest online poker site in the world.  As a result of a billed passed by American congress 6-8 weeks(?) ago (not allowing Americans to withdraw/deposit cash to/from gaming sites using any kind of bank card) the numbers have plummeted big time. Party used to have approx 70-80k players at peak times. Now it has approx 10k.  Other sites have been hit such as Paradise Poker, Bodog, Full Tilt but Poker Stars stuck two fingers up and are still allowing bank transactions to take place (the others could have followed suit but 'law' doesn't come into play until next July so Party is preparing itself for the worst now if you like).

Poker Stars is the site you want to start playing. The Americans are so loose (easy to get money from) on Poker Stars but be careful of Scandanavians. They will re-raise your raise with not a great deal in their hand but seem to hit those impossible straights!

Anyway...I must stop......Get on Poker Stars.