Newcastle United v West Ham United - 3pm kick off on Sun 24th May (live on Sky)

Disco

4) Newsflash: Newcastle’s fans deserve a break

Unless the penny finally drops, and Steve Bruce realises he is not employed to get results for Manchester United any more, Hull City will be going down. Newcastle could still find themselves relegated instead, of course, and almost certainly deserve it after a dismal run of form which bears repeating: nine losses in their past 10 games, 18 in their past 24. But they’ll probably get away with it, just, no thanks to John ‘Walk out the Door’ Carver and his risible channelling of David Brent and Gloria Gaynor. The Toon might even register only their third win of the calendar year against West Ham, who have been abject themselves since suffering a dreadful thrashing in the FA Cup at West Brom in February. But whatever Newcastle’s fate, let’s hope the post-season debrief spares their fans any more of the I-told-you-so revisionism regarding the Alan Pardew era. Partly because Pardew’s Newcastle were past masters at embarking on dismal runs themselves. But mainly because it wasn’t just about results, or the quality of the football. Toon fans, contrary to the tired old stereotype, don’t ask for much as paying customers, but they would like a manager they respect, and can relate to. For various reasons, Pardew was never that manager, and subsequent events at Newcastle and Crystal Palace are in this context neither here nor there. Newcastle’s fans have suffered enough this season; they don’t need it ended with a sanctimonious lecture. SM

Nice to know someone at the guardian has a clue, tired of useless carver and pardew arselicking tripe

(from http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/22/football-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend)

Carver is so David Brent its hilarious. He'll be wearing a brown designer jacket on Sunday

"Me, lager. Stoney, lager. Woody, lager sometimes cider, so different drinks for different...needs."

:lol:

4) Newsflash: Newcastle’s fans deserve a break

Unless the penny finally drops, and Steve Bruce realises he is not employed to get results for Manchester United any more, Hull City will be going down. Newcastle could still find themselves relegated instead, of course, and almost certainly deserve it after a dismal run of form which bears repeating: nine losses in their past 10 games, 18 in their past 24. But they’ll probably get away with it, just, no thanks to John ‘Walk out the Door’ Carver and his risible channelling of David Brent and Gloria Gaynor. The Toon might even register only their third win of the calendar year against West Ham, who have been abject themselves since suffering a dreadful thrashing in the FA Cup at West Brom in February. But whatever Newcastle’s fate, let’s hope the post-season debrief spares their fans any more of the I-told-you-so revisionism regarding the Alan Pardew era. Partly because Pardew’s Newcastle were past masters at embarking on dismal runs themselves. But mainly because it wasn’t just about results, or the quality of the football. Toon fans, contrary to the tired old stereotype, don’t ask for much as paying customers, but they would like a manager they respect, and can relate to. For various reasons, Pardew was never that manager, and subsequent events at Newcastle and Crystal Palace are in this context neither here nor there. Newcastle’s fans have suffered enough this season; they don’t need it ended with a sanctimonious lecture. SM

Nice to know someone at the guardian has a clue, tired of useless carver and pardew arselicking tripe

(from http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/22/football-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend)

The newspapers that take little interest in Football are usually the ones that show an unbiased view when it comes to things like this.

Anyone in London who's not going up know of any good pubs where lads meet up regularly?

I've been in the 3 kings at North Kensington a few times with good numbers there- anywhere else also worth trying out?

Cock and Lion now, isn't it?

Just got an email to confirm this - It is thanks, on Wigmore st.

Why have West Ham not trained? wtf?

It's not like they need to, is it?

They may as well send on a team of ball boys and mascots.

I'll be livid if we somehow manage to win because they've been on the beach all week ffs

This should be "exciting"!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Logo_of_Super_Sunday.jpg

:lol: That's American as all hell, right there.

It's 'Survival Sunday' this week, isn't it? :anguish: overload.

Just like derby week, I've known we're losing all week but get more confident nearer the match. "But we're better than them, surely we cant lose FIVE in a row", then we do. I keep forgetting our players dont give a shit.