FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hehe, what kind of damage would it do to you if Brazil get dumped out pre the Semis?

I'm not sure this time around. Not sure I can feel the same amount of emptiness and pain that I felt back in 2014. That being said, second World Cup in a row I've managed conditional Finals ticket for Brazil, so a loss in a semi-final would probably be worse than quarter-finals as well as it would be so close to my dream as a footballing fan :lol:

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

A "powerful message"? By changing the shirt colour tone slightly? Ridiculous.

Hummel say "we do not wish to be visible", yet the logo's still there on the shirt, same size and position. When would we ever talk about Hummel? This is just a cynical marketing move.

• 4 weeks later...

I know the location isn't the most popular, not just because of the obvious, but also that all the stadiums are so close together that it will feel totally different to a traditional World Cup, and it may well affect our momentum if we do well in the next 4/5/6 matches (or it could actually help us recover with our high intensity pressing), but that aside, I'm really looking forward to this starting 3 weeks on Sunday. My general interest in football is through the roof these days, I'm watching all sorts, and the option to watch up to 4 matches per day is very appealing at the moment, as I'm sure if will be to other Newcastle fans.

The timing is also controversial, but it's actually worked out well, unintentionally. Had it have been in the summer, then it would have just been 1 year after Euro '2020' and that would have felt far too soon, and had it have been next summer, then again, only one year from Euro 2024, and likewise, so with Covid, the timing has actually worked out perfectly with an 18 month gap between 3 major international tournaments.

Quite a strange feeling - it would be great for them personally if Botman, Joelinton, and Wilson all made their respective squads (along with Pope, Tripper, Schaar, Bruno, and now Kuol), and another bit of interest to matches from our perspective should they feature, but on the other hand, it would be more beneficial to NUFC if they were part of the squad that went out to Saudi instead.