FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

If Australia do well then that group will be very competitive I think. You'd imagine France and Denmark to make top 2 but I reckon it could be close.

Bigger chance Tunisia does well than Australi to be fair. Expect them to get at best 1 point from that group.

Horrific, I’m definitely going to have a different experience with this World Cup than any before. I’m looking forward to watching our players perform but normally I’d be excited about watching every single minute of football I could manage

I somewhat believe in a countries sovereignty to have their own laws and culture etc, but that is just :anguish:

Expecting gay and unmarried football supporters to avoid any intimacy is just mental. I kind of expected them to turn a blind eye to it, considering the eyes of the world will be on the tournament.

Edited by Klaus

I’m not even remotely excited about this cup. Maybe it’ll change when there’s just football on all day every day but the fact this cup is in Qatar over more deserving countries or regions really irks me. 

35 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m not even remotely excited about this cup. Maybe it’ll change when there’s just football on all day every day but the fact this cup is in Qatar over more deserving countries or regions really irks me. 

I’m as excited as always. It’s all about the product for me. Obviously, ideally it would’ve been hosted in a footballing nation. But then again the US are hosting the next one :aww:

On England;

Rashford will go as Abraham and Wilson haven’t much England experience and he gives an extra option out wide. 

Understand views on Coady and Henderson (I’d add ward prowse) but realistically what are the options?

CB is a big weakness and there just aren’t many alternatives and you need cover for Bellingham and Rice both off the bench and if one gets injured or suspended.

Things haven’t exactly fallen into place for England, with James, Chilwell and Philips all looking like players who’d be crucial to the squad unavailable.

That said, in 2018 everyone thought It would be a disaster and look what happened. If the stalwarts do well (Kane, Sterling, Trippier, Rice) and Saka and Bellingham have the tournament of their lives maybe just maybe…

55 minutes ago, Flip said:

I’m as excited as always. It’s all about the product for me. Obviously, ideally it would’ve been hosted in a footballing nation. But then again the US are hosting the next one :aww:

You have a team always capable of winning the cup, so yeah that's pretty awesome :lol: 

Just now, Skeletor said:

English FA need to learn how to use brown envelopes. If they talk to PGMOL, I'm sure they can teach them.

They tried when it went Germany. They just weren't weighty enough.

5 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Russia -> Qatar -> USA

Gets worse every time. Donald will be back by 2026 too!

Turned 18 during the 2006 one in Germany. Since then, it'll have been in South Africa, Brazil, Russia, Qatar and USA. I'll be in my 40s for the next one in Europe that I could plausibly go to :lol:

7 hours ago, Klaus said:

I somewhat believe in a countries sovereignty to have their own laws and culture etc, but that is just :anguish:

Expecting gay and unmarried football supporters to avoid any intimacy is just mental. I kind of expected them to turn a blind eye to it, considering the eyes of the world will be on the tournament.

Do you like being ignorant and misinformed or something?? Public display of affection is frowned up for all types of sexual relationships - hetro, homo or whatever. I'm not sure if it's even law, but simply not part of the social culture there. Homosexuals, unmarried couple, etc, can come to Qatar and feel safe and of course do whatever they want behind closed doors. What more do you want considering it's a one month event?? To change their laws and culture for it? Dream on, they don't have to change for anyone, they'll do it when it's right for them. 

For your information btw, the extent of public display of affection is not ruled by zero-tolerance. For example, homosexuals will be able to hold hands in public and they will have no one approaching them and bothering them. Like the Qataris promised, everyone is welcome and it's safe (well, at least no more dangerous than anywhere else). I'm pretty sure they can even kiss in public (anything more than that is degenerate and  frowned up quite a lot in the West anyway!)  but it's probably restricted to alternative areas such as bar, clubs, hotels (same for alcohol), etc, away from family-orientated spaces like religious sites, housing areas, etc. Even in the west there are areas where drinking or public display of affection is regulated. So what if Qatar has a wider area of regulation?! 

Now that we're close to the world cup, the main important point is the hospitality and safety of visitors. That, I'm quite sure, will not be a problem.  The issue of their laws, practices, and social customs should have been brought up much more in the past when it was more effective to do so. 

But anyway..... stop your misinformed, ignorant shit. The homosexuality ruling in Qatar is not enforced! But, I'll tell you what's enforced...… fucking 'capital punishment' in the fucking USA! I'm sure there wouldn't be many complaints when they host the next world cup!  

Edited by Dinho lad