FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

Horrific, I’m definitely going to have a different experience with this World Cup than any before. I’m looking forward to watching our players perform but normally I’d be excited about watching every single minute of football I could manage

Doesn’t feel like a World Cup in 2 weeks.

Usually I’m buzzing. 

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

You must be fun at parties

Didn't expect a better response from an ignorant and misinformed soul. Well, at least you enjoyed your one liner. 

Edited by Dinho lad

7 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

Didn't expect a better response from an ignorant and misinformed soul. Well, at least you enjoyed your one liner. 

Did your dog die recently or something? Your craic has been lifting in here and in chat, in recent times.

6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Did your dog die recently or something? Your craic has been lifting in here and in chat, in recent times.

Don't like dogs... don't like pets. Don't mind animals.... just don't want to look after them. 

Well this topic has gone off the deep end [emoji38]

As an Arab American Muslim, figure i would give my perspective on this world cup and all of the discussions about morale dilemma that's come from it.

First thing I will say, is the treatment of migrant workers in the Arabian gulf is a travesty and an abuse that should be highlighted and called out. My wife is from the asian sub-continent, and I've met many people from there who have described the racist and abusive behavior SOME of them have faced in those countries and its boiled my blood.

I think one of the major reasons you are seeing, arabs, and other eastern cultures react very defensively to the accusations against this world cup not being boycotted is this feeling of double standards being bandied about by the west. There seems to be this desire to critically look at other cultures that are different, and scrutinize every aspect of their way of life and negative behavior as something that is irredeemable, whereas issues, and activities in the west are seen as an unfortunate aspect that doesn't require the same scrutiny.

America for example is hosting the next world cup. If we objectively calculated the damage this government has done abroad over the last 50 years, and discuss some of the human rights issues internally this country has faced in its recent history, the list would dwarf anything we've seen in Qatar. I'm willing to bet though, that there will be no wide spread condemnation, or questioning of whether anyone should attend, or if world cup 2026 should be boycotted. I think that is the frustrating part for a lot of people.

That's not to say I don't think people should hold all governments and entities of power to account for abuses they commit. That is commendable and something we should push in all cases. It just feels disingenuous and unfair when we're not holding everyone to the same standards.      

Dinho, I get that you have completely different viewpoints to the majority on here, myself included (jnfact I disagree with pretty much everything you've posted), and you are trying to impart your opinion on to others as well as explain why you have these views. You are your own person, and you're entitled to them, and this is a forum at the end of the day, but the way you are going on at the moment is very condescending, patronizing, ignorant and in some cases downright insulting, and given you're challenging people's core beliefs people are naturally starting to get riled up because of it, and I think you'll be better off remembering that people (myself included) are going to start biting back with the way you are going, and things will turn toxic fast, which I don't think many people want when logging into a Football forum.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Dinho, I get that you have completely different viewpoints to the majority on here, myself included (jnfact I disagree with pretty much everything you've posted), and you are trying to impart your opinion on to others as well as explain why you have these views. You are your own person, and you're entitled to them, and this is a forum at the end of the day, but the way you are going on at the moment is very condescending, patronizing, ignorant and in some cases downright insulting, and given you're challenging people's core beliefs people are naturally starting to get riled up because of it, and I think you'll be better off remembering that people (myself included) are going to start biting back with the way you are going, and things will turn toxic fast, which I don't think many people want when logging into a Football forum.

I receive a lot of abuse here as well, fella. Actually, quite a few insults and condescending stuff about me also happens in conversation that I'm not even part of. They could have the decency to tag me, at least. 

11 hours ago, Skeletor said:

"I've spent all my bribe money"

Yep - no doubt has done the math and realised that the bag he got from Qatar doesn't outweigh the decade of further plundering he could've done if he hadn't got turfed out as a result of it.

9 hours ago, Nobody said:

Turned 18 during the 2006 one in Germany. Since then, it'll have been in South Africa, Brazil, Russia, Qatar and USA. I'll be in my 40s for the next one in Europe that I could plausibly go to :lol:

Try and go to Canada/USA/Mexico man, it’ll be a brilliant tournament. 

Shame, another ridiculous decision to have it in November. Players won’t have time to recover from injuries. Psychologically this has to give Ecuador an edge in that group for the 2nd place.

14 hours ago, Dinho lad said:

I receive a lot of abuse here as well, fella. Actually, quite a few insults and condescending stuff about me also happens in conversation that I'm not even part of. They could have the decency to tag me, at least. 

This, in fairness, is a valid point you're making.

That said, mate, you seem to be deeply paranoid about women en masse without good cause. Yes, there are inadequate and pitiful men out there. Yes, there are probably a few on this forum. Yes, there are shit women out there. No, you shouldn't generalise about all women accordingly.

In my view, a major place you're going wrong is in concentrating on looking at the world through largely fake group dynamics. Men vs. Women etc. when you should be predominantly focused on judging them as individuals, and trying to analyse their lives from several different angles. And by that same token, focus on judging yourself and your lifestyle on the individual level rather than worrying too much about what one dweeb on the internet is up to. You would almost certainly be a stronger and more persuasive person as a result.

49 minutes ago, plenum said:

I guess FIFA appoint the referees, and the question is.......have they also been bribed? :anguish:

Don't know what you're talking about. The World Cup is always a completely fair affair!

Spoiler