FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

5 hours ago, Slim said:

Strange that Dutch had the exact same.

This goes on at every World Cup with almost every team. Since they have their base, the staff working at the bases celebrates their return after a win as they see them everyday and become a part of the team. Was the same in Russia for a lot of teams like Brazil, France and few others that I saw at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Random thought but have any Premier League players played particularly well this tournament?

A few of the English and Brazilian lads have been decent.

Edited by The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Random thought but have any Premier League players played particularly well this tournament?

Good question, de Bruyne didn’t reach normal levels. Ziyech has looked good.  Foden’s looked great. Bernardo Silva has been typically great, gundogan didn’t look as sharp as usual. Havertz blew hot and cold. Can’t think of the other top players, van Dijk’s been good from what I’ve seen 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Good question, de Bruyne didn’t reach normal levels. Ziyech has looked good.  Foden’s looked great. Bernardo Silva has been typically great, gundogan didn’t look as sharp as usual. Havertz blew hot and cold. Can’t think of the other top players, van Dijk’s been good from what I’ve seen 

Casemiro and Richarlison have been decent for Brazil.

7 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Alison has been pretty decent for Brazil. I thought Tyler Adams was very good US until the Netherlands game. 

Hazard retires from international football. Looked massively unfit and heavy this tournament.

Strange how his form literally dropped off the face of a cliff after his move. Has to be up there as one of the worst signings in value for money in recent football history.

13 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Hazard retires from international football. Looked massively unfit and heavy this tournament.

Strange how his form literally dropped off the face of a cliff after his move. Has to be up there as one of the worst signings in value for money in recent football history.

I know people won’t agree with me here but I always thought he was overrated to an extent

Hes one of them ballers that is basically retired at 28 

54 minutes ago, toon25 said:

When he moved to Madrid, he already had like 650 appearances for club and country under his belt. Lot of mileage for a then 28-year old.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting idea on the Athletic. Can you name a WC XI, but every player has to be from s different nation.

Szczesny

Marquinhos

Zimmerman

Hakimi

Dumphries

Brozovic

Bellingham

Ito

Mbappe

G Ramos

Messi

Hazard was a great player - his lack of longevity and not contributing to a CL win will damage his long-term reputation.

People will look at his numbers and think he wasn't all that. But he was genuinely the best PL player or top 3 for about 5 years. He was brilliant at WC18 (better than KDB) too.

Explosive and powerful players have to be managed closely. Mbappe has that explosion and it's key to his game. While Haaland is explosive, I think his best running is over longer distances which might help long-term. Currently, maybe it's WC bias but I think Mbappe is better.