FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

20 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

What the heck are Qatar going to use those stadiums for after the WC? Can't fill them during the biggest sporting event in the World.

One is having its capacity halved and the rest of it turned into a hotel 

25 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

What the heck are Qatar going to use those stadiums for after the WC? Can't fill them during the biggest sporting event in the World.

One made out of shipping containers is going to be shipped out to Uruguay and reassembled if they get the joint bid for 2030

12 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

One is having its capacity halved and the rest of it turned into a hotel 

Most of them are. All except the one that existed before are being halved in capacity, with the shipping container one dismantled completely. Then they're being converted into more mixed use facilities.

11 hours ago, Wullie said:

It's amazing during a World Cup just how quickly I condition myself to there being football on at all times. :lol: Half 12 and I'm sat here with my subconscious going "Why is there no match on now, this is RIDICULOUS"

Hate the hour between games, I'm enjoying the extended added time as it means there's less time to wait for the next game.

I took a weeks holiday off and the Monday after seeing the KO times and how condensed the first 8 days were. Watched Monday’s in various pubs in town. Loved all the stoppage time in the first game as was almost ready for next match by the time we’d change venue.

Best lead up to Xmas ever as usually it gets me a bit down and I don’t enjoy the dark nights either. Sat on my sofa for all 4 games today. Next three games will do well to top the first one mind 🙂

Im a fan of this extra added on time, or at least the correct amount of added on time. 

Players go down, teams make substitutions and generally slow things down to interrupt the flow of the game as much as wasting time. They know that previously, it wont all be added on and breaking up the game causes the chasing side to lose momentum. Not worth it though if its going to result in an extra 8 minutes added on. Should, in theory reduce gamesmanship. 

Not idea for Newcastle if its brought in to the PL mind

7 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Why would they shorten the match? Nobody’s clamoring for that as far as I can tell.

Think because at the moment the average amount of time the ball is actually in play is something like 57 minutes, so by going for 60 minutes, it'll be a similar length to what games are now. 

Its what FIFA are proposing anyway:

https://www.besoccer.com/new/fifa-s-proposed-revolution-30-minute-halves-unlimited-substitutions-1019480

Just now, lxsln said:

Germany is considering suing FIFA and taking FIFA to CAS. Apparently it can be sorted out within a few days. Wonder how the Italian feels about that...

Tenner on Germany conceding some pens.

2 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Why would they shorten the match? Nobody’s clamoring for that as far as I can tell.

2x45 minutes with stopped clock would mean every old record would be worthless as games would be effectively 33% longer. 2x30 minutes with a stopped clock would result in a similar play time as it is right now.

Edited by Pata

3 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Im a fan of this extra added on time, or at least the correct amount of added on time. 

Players go down, teams make substitutions and generally slow things down to interrupt the flow of the game as much as wasting time. They know that previously, it wont all be added on and breaking up the game causes the chasing side to lose momentum. Not worth it though if its going to result in an extra 8 minutes added on. Should, in theory reduce gamesmanship. 

Not idea for Newcastle if its brought in to the PL mind

It’s probably the reason they’ve brought it in so they can implement it for second half of the season 🙂

Saw a journalist saying he heard from a source close to the ruling qataris that they are hugely regretting holding the world cup, see it as a $200billion waste of money that has only made them look terrible when before they were the quietly rich neighbours of the big bad saudi arabia who made them seem with comparison as more modern and progressive and now the whole world saw them bribe their way to a world cup, are cruel to their workers and really hate the gays and they just wish it could all go away but have to sit it out and do it now. Haha. If true proof that sportswashing doesn't have to work...

Edited by Tiresias

17 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Saw a journalist saying he heard from a source close to the ruling qataris that they are hugely regretting holding the world cup, see it as a $200billion waste of money that has only made them look terrible when before they were the quietly rich neighbours of the big bad saudi arabia who made them seem with comparison as more modern and progressive and now the whole world saw them bribe their way to a world cup, are cruel to their workers and really hate the gays and they just wish it could all go away but have to sit it out and do it now. Haha. If true proof that sportswashing doesn't have to work...

Ended up with a PSG that can't win the CL too.