New Board of Directors - Charnley, McClaren, Carr & Moncur

Nobody

Guest zicomartin

Just so I understand this - they explicitly hire a "Head Coach", who'll have his players bought for him, and then appoint that head coach to the committee buying the players?

Seems legit.

Actually, it seems almost exactly like the "traditional English manager" situation..

Its only to avoid another Keegan situation (compensation).  Always has been

I was under the mistaken illusion that Wenger was on the Arses board.

Does he just have loads of shares for them then?

I thought he attended board meetings.  I am not sure that he is actually on the board.

Fascinating read ...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-the-graham-carr-transfer-connection-that-got-steve-mcclaren-the-newcastle-job-1-7305513

But if any player has been pivotal to Carr’s rise through the St James’s Park ranks it’s another of McClaren’s old boys who didn’t actually sign for the club – Brazilian-born centre-half Douglas.

The 6ft 4in star was the rock in Twente’s defence as they claimed the title under McClaren. Carr and Derek Llambias worked for months on a deal to get the stopper signed on a free transfer, only for Joe Kinnear to famously pull the plug at the last minute.

It was a move which saw Llambias quit and Carr considering his future. Ashley talked him in to staying and eventually got rid of Kinnear instead.

Since then, Carr’s power has grown.

Fascinating read ...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-the-graham-carr-transfer-connection-that-got-steve-mcclaren-the-newcastle-job-1-7305513

But if any player has been pivotal to Carr’s rise through the St James’s Park ranks it’s another of McClaren’s old boys who didn’t actually sign for the club – Brazilian-born centre-half Douglas.

The 6ft 4in star was the rock in Twente’s defence as they claimed the title under McClaren. Carr and Derek Llambias worked for months on a deal to get the stopper signed on a free transfer, only for Joe Kinnear to famously pull the plug at the last minute.

It was a move which saw Llambias quit and Carr considering his future. Ashley talked him in to staying and eventually got rid of Kinnear instead.

Carr is old news man, I'm all about that old woman scout who found Ayoze.

Fascinating read ...

I wonder if there is any chance of going back for Douglas. He's only late 20s isn't he?

Fascinating read ...

I wonder if there is any chance of going back for Douglas. He's only late 20s isn't he?

He'll be on some disgusting wages in Moscow.

I love the way they're pushing Bobby Moncur as some kind of voice of the fans when he agrees with everything Ashley does or ever will do without question.  Bobby Concur more like.

:lol: Very good that.

I love the way they're pushing Bobby Moncur as some kind of voice of the fans when he agrees with everything Ashley does or ever will do without question.  Bobby Concur more like.

:lol: :lol: