Conform to our tolerant views OR ELSE - Bliar

Rob W

"Conform to our society, says PM 

People entering the UK must be prepared to be tolerant or not become part of British society, Tony Blair has said.

In a speech at Downing Street, Mr Blair said that tolerance was "what makes Britain, Britain" and warned "we must be ready to defend this attitude".

The prime minister said: "So conform to it; or don't come here. We don't want the hate-mongers, whatever their race, religion or creed."

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

I declare war on tolerance dressed up as intolerance, I'm tolerant like that. blueyes.gif

Let's face it, it's Tony's version of garbled media speak. As he prepares to sell more arms to the middle east.

:lol:

I declare war on tolerance dressed up as intolerance, I'm tolerant like that. blueyes.gif

Let's face it, it's Tony's version of garbled media speak. As he prepares to sell more arms to the middle east.

:lol:

I can't tolerate that.  Prepare to be intolerated muthafucka  :wullie:

Yeah he's got a track record of being spot on hasn't he?

Thats not the point though, how can anyone argue with what he's saying here? The country doesn't need people living here who hate the place with so much passion that they'd either blow themselves up or encite hatred on the streets. Just fuck off if you don't want to be here.

Thats not the point though, how can anyone argue with what he's saying here? The country doesn't need people living here who hate the place with so much passion that they'd either blow themselves up or encite hatred on the streets. Just F*** off if you don't want to be here.

Exactly. It isn't the kind of quote that brings on healthy debate, it's just politico speak, you'll recognise it because it seems wholly simple and 'the right thing to say' almost like common sense. But it is essentially so bland it is meaningless.

Thats not the point though, how can anyone argue with what he's saying here? The country doesn't need people living here who hate the place with so much passion that they'd either blow themselves up or encite hatred on the streets. Just F*** off if you don't want to be here.

Exactly. It isn't the kind of quote that brings on healthy debate, it's just politico speak, you'll recognise it because it seems wholly simple and 'the right thing to say' almost like common sense. But it is essentially so bland it is meaningless.

How did that happen?

im also thinking its spot on, people are just playa hatin' the blair man.

Of course its spot on, he wouldn't say it otherwise. But what does it actually mean?

well, fuck knows, i interpreted it as saying that if one is to come into this tolerant society you shouldn't take advantage of our naive little nation & spread extremist shit. If its not that, then fuck naaaaz.

im also thinking its spot on, people are just playa hatin' the blair man.

Of course its spot on, he wouldn't say it otherwise. But what does it actually mean?

well, fuck knows, i interpreted it as saying that if one is to come into this tolerant society you shouldn't take advantage of our naive little nation & spread extremist shit. If its not that, then fuck naaaaz.

Spot on Roy.

Guest optimistic nit

The prime minister said: "So conform to it; or don't come here. We don't want the hate-mongers, whatever their race, religion or creed."

seems to be on the button except for the bit in bold seems to be a policy of some sort of paronoid police state. also seems to neglect the basic right for free speech, and seems to be approaching the problem from the wrong angle, and seems to be neglecting others point of view, and seems to be labeling religious extrimists as nothing more than hate-mongers (which i accept some to most of them are to an extent granted). Other than that on the button blueyes.gif

the other bits of the article are also a bit suspect quote wise.

I like the new i.e. by the way blueyes.gif

seems to be on the button except for the bit in bold seems to be a policy of some sort of paronoid police state. also seems to neglect the basic right for free speech, and seems to be approaching the problem from the wrong angle, and seems to be neglecting others point of view, and seems to be labeling religious extrimists as nothing more than hate-mongers (which i accept some to most of them are to an extent granted). Other than that on the button blueyes.gif

the other bits of the article are also a bit suspect quote wise.

I like the new i.e. by the way blueyes.gif

It seems like that anyway.