The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Only place you could see him after Hearts as a next job if he does well is the national job, one of the Old Firm clubs, or a Championship/League One club. He's probably two good spells from a top job but he's walking into a good situation, unlike Lee Clark at Kilmarnock for example.

Thought he might've held out for something bigger tbh but fair play to him.

What bigger job would he get?

Who knows? I thought he'd stay here for a while under the tutelage of Benitez and then get something either here or in the continent. Still, it'll probably be a good step for him.

Can't say I thought much of his role when he was working as McClaren's #2, he always looked like a deer caught in headlights. I thought he might have been a bit more hands on. That said though, he's clearly well rated on the coaching side, Rafa kept him on which would suggest he has good ideas. Not sure that will translate to being a good manager but good luck to him. Genuinely hope he does well.

Can't say I thought much of his role when he was working as McClaren's #2, he always looked like a deer caught in headlights. I thought he might have been a bit more hands on. That said though, he's clearly well rated on the coaching side, Rafa kept him on which would suggest he has good ideas. Not sure that will translate to being a good manager but good luck to him. Genuinely hope he does well.

How many of his training sessions have you watched?

How many of his training sessions have you watched?

None. What difference would it make if I had? His training sessions might be great and he'd still be a poor manager. Or I could watch his training sessions then talk a load of bollocks because my opinions useless. No one knows really until he gets his feet wet.